1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's not quite the George Bushes Christmas portrait, but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 20, 2006.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

John Edwards is 2-4 years younger than his wife, I think.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Agree.

It's not a great photo but the days of Ozzie & Harriet family photos where everybody's staring at the camera are not exactly the rage these days.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

If I had a wife that looked like Mrs. Edwards at her age, I'd have no complaints. Those two daughters are beautiful for a reason.

Man, can't wait to see that wives and girlfriends of SportsJournalists.com calendar when it comes out.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

One year, the woman who took our Christmas family portrait did a little Photoshop magic to make it presentable. No, not replace me with George Clooney (my wife and I stay out of the picture, after all). My then-1-year-old son HATED getting his picture taken. So the photographer was able to take one shot of him smiling, and transfer his head to a group shot where he was at least sitting nicely.

Perhaps the problem is similar with band photos, where there's always one person looking away from the camera.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Look at that picture........(staring at Cate, staring at Cate, staring at Cate)

now, look at John.........

tell me he's not a dead ringer (no pun intended) for Jack Tripper.

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

HA! Won't see MY girlfriend in that calendar, cuz I don't HAVE one! SO THERE, WHO'S THE MA....oh fuck.

7. busuncle

busuncle Member

I hope the kids don't make fun of less fortunate classmates who get their Xmas portraits made at the Wal-Mart photo studio.

8. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

It's certainly much better than some of these photos: http://www.wonkette.com/politics/war-on-christmas/merry-war-on-christmas-from-all-the-governors-223607.php

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'll readily admit I mistyped there...

So she's looking at her kids. Now, Poin, what's your argument beyond that?

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Yo're talking year of birth, right?

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Do you have to have a hot daughter to be governor these days? ;D

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Maybe we should make that a requirement. Can't be any more onerous than other rules we have in place...

Draft saved Draft deleted