1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's not just for teachers: Female psychologist, 32; boy, 14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Apr 7, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=677430&newsdate=4/4/2008
    Psychologist pleads not guilty to rape

By BOB GARDINIER, Staff writer
    Last updated: 11:05 a.m., Wednesday, April 2, 2008

TROY -- A 32-year-old psychologist Wednesday pleaded not guilty this morning to felony charges of raping a 14-year-old Tamarac High School freshman on days she was counseling him.

Jennifer A. Hastings of Sand Lake was arraigned before Judge Patrick McGrath. She and her attorney, Steven Coffey, did not comment after the court appearance. Hastings, who quit her $52,426-a-year job as a court-assigned counselor for the teenager, is free on bail.

Last Friday she was indicted by a Rensselaer County grand jury on second-degree rape and criminal sex act felony charges and endangering the welfare of a child and third-degree sexual abuse misdemeanors. Police said the relationship turned sexual during September and October last year. Trysts allegedly occurred at the Brunswick school, in a parking lot across Route 2 from the school, in Schodack and Colonie motels and at Hastings' Sheer Road home.

She allegedly took the boy to a hotel in Colonie but has yet to be indicted by an Albany County grand jury.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Poin --
    Beat cop on the wild side.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

BORRRRRIIIIING!

Give me some hot teachers for a change.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK. sometimes these are kind of hot (yeah, I know I am a sick bastard for admitting it). But this one just seems creepy for some reason, and I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that she is being represented by a Jeffrey Tambor/Fred Thompson hybrid.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Shelly, this is Brunella at the desk. There's a boy down here to see Fawn!"

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice....

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That made me laugh.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It probably seems especially creepy because she's his psychologist. Her ability to manipulate someone is probably well above that of a teacher or Patty the Daytime Hooker.

That said, where were all the horny older chicks when I was in high school, dammit?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think that is exactly it. This kid is sent to this woman for help and her response is to take advantage of him. Plus, he's only 14.

I sometimes wonder about these stories of a guy being "emotionally scarred" by having sex with a teacher when he is 16 or 17 years old, but this is a whole different matter.

10. Magnum

Magnum Member

My cousin killed himself in high school because he was jilted by his same-age girlfriend.

My best friend had a knife to his wrist when his girlfriend dumped him. I'm sure everyone has stories of a buddy being emotionally dependent.

I imagine the percentages get higher in these types of relationships.

I think it's wrong to assume that many of these boys are only getting sex from their teachers or, in this instance, their psychologist. I'm sure many of them are emotionally dependent.

There's lots of emotionally unstable boys who could hurt themselves when they're eventually discarded by an older woman - "the best thing they ever had."

11. Most of the psychologists I know are whack jobs whose personal lives are a mess.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How does that make you feel?

Draft saved Draft deleted