1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Not Awesome Baby!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rumpleforeskin, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

I remember watching this live.

Cincinnati's Midnight Madness if I remember right.

Cinci was paying for room and board, V picked up the books, if I remember this correctly.....or maybe it was the other way around.

Freakin' Shoe went nuts.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Actually, Dickie promised to do the handstand if Austin Peay beat Illinois in the first round. Austin Peay won - Dickie at least gave it a try and got his head and hands down on the anchor desk, but there wasn't enough room on the studio set to get a good pushoff.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

He's been a genuinely nice guy to all the students and fans who wish to see him when he's stopped by the local arena. I've never had a problem chatting with him, either.

I think he understands his place in the world(wide leader) and plays that role to a T. Sure, he's not the bastion of integrity, and it's apparent that he's in love with all things North Carolina, but that's the niche he's carved out for himself.

Here's to a flawless return.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Don't you mean Duke?

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173354398945&path=%21sports&s=1037645509200">
    Looks like Vitale will indeed make his return for the Duke-UNC game.</a>

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Glad he's in better health ... but did anyone miss him?

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

The lede buried in paragraph 7. Bad writing, baby!

Draft saved Draft deleted