1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's middle school girls basketball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Calvin Hobbes, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Put his ass in jail.
    Now.
    Get your witnesses interviewed, visit the piece of crap, arrest him for intimidation, endangerment or whatever the name of the proper charge is.
    Let him sit in jail for a minute or two and think about what he's done.

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

And that's why I don't read the newspapers.

Because they're garbage!

If you don't want to play a daughter, one of my daughter's, then bench the one that doesn't do everything right. If you've ever been a father, and had a daughter who was told she was FAT...and came home crying...then you'd know how it feels. But you've never had a daughter, have you?

So I read today that I...that I made threats. That's not true! And I left a post-it note on the door? THAT'S NOT TRUE!  

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I have a daughter, yes. One daughter.
    If she doesn't play, I will encourage her to keep looking for something she can excel at.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I won't harrass coaches.
    Even if I think he or she knows the game of basketball, or whatever sport it is.
    There's bigger things in life, I'll tell my daughter.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

What just happened?

7. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

This guy is a man! He's 40!

(And evidently, I failed miserably)

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Oh.... I see what you did there.

9. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Mr. Tough Guy, huh?

Geezus, I'm planning on coaching my daughter's now-infamous softball team this summer. While excited, the notion of going through what the coaches went through last year worries me.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

We had a dad like that go nuts at a JV volleyball match two years ago, attacking and hitting a ref. He went to jail, paid a fine and is banned, I believe, from most every sporting venue in our state. Definitely banned from seeing his daughter ever play a sport, home or away, in high school. She's a senior now.

At another school, a parent went to the softball coach's house and got into a fight with him in the coach's driveway. No charges were filed, but the coach retired the same year the guy's daughter graduated from the eighth grade. Same dad would call the football coach on a Friday night and leave drunken rants on the phone. On at least two occasions, the son called the coach, in tears, and beg him not to take any not to what his dad said and also assured the coach he did not agree with his dad. The son's calls came right after the dad's.

Hobbes is right. You wonder why anyone coaches. I'm glad they do.

11. I attended a HS soccer game where a father was yelling stuff at the refs, accusing them of favoritism, calling out fouls, calling out opposing players' numbers for retribution.

His daughter started screaming from the field at her father to shut up. I felt so sorry for her. People applauded when the jerk was ejected from the stands.

12. Notepad

Notepad Member

You only write about us when our dad threatens our middle school coach, shows up at his house and leaves a note on his door.

Draft saved Draft deleted