1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 'Magic': Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band back with album and tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Aug 16, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The way the October-November part of the tour is rumored to be shaping up, the schedule is working around Max's Conan schedule (probably due to Max not being allowed to leave during sweeps). How the tour will shape up next year, who knows. But once Conan takes over Leno's spot in 2009, if he brings Max with him, it will likely mean the end of extended leaves to tour with Bruce.

2. EStreetJoe

More on the album, from producer Brendan O'Brien

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/08/17/more-on-new-bruce-springsteen-album-producer-brendan-obrien-reveals-all

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Re: It's 'Magic': Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band back with album and to

Maybe this will work out well for Springsteen because with David Lee Roth back in the fold, Van Halen looks like it could be another trainwreck that will predictably happen. What if there is a tiff between Eddie and Wolf, will he disown him and kick him out of the band?

Something tells me that the David Lee Roth experiment won't last that long....I see cancellations propping up soon.

4. "Nebraska" was the real deal.
    THAT was roots stuff.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The only time I've seen Bruce and the ESB was when they opened Staples Center in Los Angeles. My friends went to two of the shows and had an extra ticket for the second night. I went to it and, although I'm not a huge Bruce fan, I came away happy to have seen them live.

Without looking at tour date rumors as one person mentioned already on here, he's going to play Continential Arena? I guess it would be easier to schedule with the Devils gone, but why wouldn't he open the new Newark arena where the Devils will play beginning in late October? Bon Jovi is scheduled to open the new arena, but I could see Bruce slipping in one show in the new place too before the Devils hit the ice.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Nope, Claws, Bruce, I've been told, has a sense of commitment to the Meadowlands. It's doubtful he'll play the Prudential Center until after Continental closes.
    That's one reason the Jersey JV band is opening the new arena.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

what he said.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

"The Jersey JV band." Perfect. And I like Bon Jovi and think he puts on a good show.

9. EStreetJoe

Because the Devils and Bon Jovi are the only scheduled events from October through November:

October 25, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    October 26, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    October 27, 2007 7:00 PM Devils vs Senators On Sale Soon
    October 28, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    October 30, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    October 31, 2007 7:00 PM Devils vs Lightining On Sale Soon

November 2007
    November 1, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    November 2, 2007 7:00 PM Devils vs Maple Leafs On Sale Soon
    November 3, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    November 4, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    November 5, 2007 7:00 PM Devils vs Penguins On Sale Soon
    November 7, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    November 8, 2007 7:00 PM Devils vs Flyers On Sale Soon
    November 9, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    November 10, 2007 7:30 PM Bon Jovi Buy Tickets
    November 14, 2007 7:00 PM Devils vs Rangers On Sale Soon
    November 16, 2007 7:00 PM Devils vs Islanders On Sale Soon

Bruce's mini-US tour will start in early October and finish in mid-November, go to Europe for a month, and then a full-blown World Tour will begin in 2008.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I like the Jersey JV band reference too. Too bad Bon Jovi has never been good enough to get beyond freshman level.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Re: It's 'Magic': Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band back with album and to

How come we never see the JV scores in the paper?? :eek: :eek:

12. EStreetJoe

We do.. it's the Arena League, specifically the Philadelphia Soul
    (do I need to explain the Bon Jovi connection here?)

Draft saved Draft deleted