1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 'Magic': Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band back with album and tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Aug 16, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

can't wait until october!!!! talk about christmas coming early!!! ;D ;D ;D

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Time to get the Amex ready for the tour.

YouTube a couple of clips from the Seeger Sessions tour -- the Milan concert or the Conan show -- the band was outstanding. I think that it was the perfect music for his voice. The Dublin concert was poorly edited and, as with many Bruce tours as they near their end, overly filled with non-spontaneous gimmicks. I've watched the Dublin DVD way too many times -- my daughter asks to hear "Pay Me" about 5 times a day.

This is certainly the end of the road for the band. They are older and they are all rich (unless Danny and Big Man couldn't keep their spending down. Again.). Max, Soozie and Roy were outstanding during the last tour, but Nils looked bored. Big Man and Steve -- the less said the better. I hope that they keep the tour short and I'd love for the Miami Horns to come out at times.

As to the preacher routine -- that's Bruce. There was a great essay that I read a few years ago which said that Bruce truly believes in the power of music to bring people together. But it is a naive message, that he uses the preacher routine to add a layer of irony that makes it more palatable to others.

I thought that one of the song titles would be "Thank God She Signed a Pre-Nup"

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Re: It's 'Magic': Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band back with album and to

Agree with this 100 percent. The Dublin disc was disappointing.

4. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Re: It's 'Magic': Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band back with album and to

Can't let that one pass without comment -- I'd buy that shit. Would be great to hear Macca warbling "Hungry Eyes". ;)

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

That would contradict widely rumored dates on Springsteen fan boards that have the tour hitting those venues first week and a half of October.
    The tour rumors are: Quick US tour early October through early/mid-November. A quick Europe tour mid-November/mid-late December. Major US tour Spring-Summer 2008. Don't know when the return trip to Europe would fit into that. But most of the October-November dates are scheduled around Conan tapings due to Max not leaving the show during the sweeps periods.

6. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Already very excited for Oct. 2.

7. estreetband75

estreetband75 Member

Best news I've gotten today

As somebody who wasn't a big fan of the Seeger Sessions stuff, it will be great to see Bruce back with E Street.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Maybe Springsteen wanted Seeger to be alive to enjoy the tribute. Also, I'm not sure Bruce's activist work can be compared to Seeger's. Different time, different scope, different context, for much of his life -- or did I miss it when the House Un-American Activities Committee subpoenaed Springsteen and asked him to name names?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not a Springsteenphile on par with spnited, et al, but I'll buy this the first day it comes out.

The Rising is one of the best CDs I've heard in years.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Does this mean Max Weinberg is going to be on extended leave from Conan? I am not sure how I feel about that...

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, Evan Springsteen is 16, so maybe Bruce will take a page from Van Halen and put the kid on drums. :D :D

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

max has taken a leave of absence before to tour. no problem. 8) 8) 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted