1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's like a time machine to the 80s! Aussie Rules ESPN2!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UPChip, May 22, 2010.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Actually, it's on now. 10 p.m. MDT. First reference to the "Swannies."

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And they went live ... oh well, stations to have the right to make last-minute changes.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's 21-18 after the first quarter. What rules changes can be made to make the sport better?

4. HanSenSE

Put the goal judges back in fedoras and lab smocks!

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Hell yeah!

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Liberalize the offside rule

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes!!!!!! The lime/radioactive green look isn't happening in this province (pointing fingers straight ahead).

Neither is Richmond's defense. To paraphrase the Cleveland Indians' groundscrew... "They're still shitty!"

But miking the referees? That's OUTstanding! (pointing fingers straight ahead).

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Did I just see 50somethings running around the MCG?

9. HanSenSE

Are seagulls considered in play?

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I was fortunate to be visiting my parents for the holiday or else I would have missed it. Their cable system has an on-screen listing guide and I happened to see it on there. I joined just after the start of the second quarter.

It sounded like Richmond was in last (or close) while Sydney was in playoff contention. I was wondering if the Tigers were going to make it all the way back.

If I heard right, one of the Sydney players is a Canadian. He scored his first AFL goal in the third.

One thing I found odd: There were no network ID's anywhere in the broadcast. Was this a special broadcast just for the states or do Seven and or Fox not use any on-screen ID's down there?

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Close one tonight between Geelong and Hawthorne.

Don't know if it's the wind or the teams or what, but large stretches of this one are looking like a JV (American) football game where the two teams boot around a fumble for 30 yards and two minutes.

12. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Because it's easy to pick up a ball when several guys are bumping into you.

Just wait until next year the Gold Coast starts up or 2012 when Sydney gets another team.

Draft saved Draft deleted