1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's JazzFest Time!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FuerteJ, Apr 28, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'll be swingin' through in December. You're on.

2. Best I ever had was in New Iberia, at my roommate's mama's house.
    And, for 3bags, most underrated restaurant of my career was a place called (I think) Zal and Mal's in Jackson. Of course, Willie Morris was at the bar, holding court, so there were ambience points off the scale, but the catfish was to die for.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'll be there second weekend, as well. Going for the 40th birthday throwdown for a buddy coming back to the States from Sweden. Staying at Maison St. Charles. Most excited about North Mississippi All-Stars on a riverboat Saturday night. Also Eric Lindell at the Blues tent early Sunday afternoon. I tend to spend most of my time at the smaller stages because I hate dealing with the main stage crowds and usually enjoy the music at Fais Do-Do stage. I'll probably also catch more at the Jazz tent, as I've started listening to more of that genre. I also usually try to get my annual one hour of Gospel music at the Gospel tent on Sunday morning.

4. three_bags_full

I think you're referring to Hal and Mal's downtown, on Commerce Street.

http://www.halandmals.com/

5. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Del, you've got it right. Yeah, it's great listening to the major acts, but the festival is all about the smaller acts, the ones that aren't too big for their britches. The smaller stages are where it's at.

And 3BF, I'm sorry you feel that way about New Orleans food. Maybe you've only been to the tourist spots, the restaurants that prey on the folks who don't know any better. I don't know where you've been. I'm just saying it's not overrated.

Who else, along with Del and I, are going to be there second weekend?

6. three_bags_full

You probably have it right on me just not eating at the right places. It's just, no meal there has ever struck me as great. Don't know why.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

TMac and Yao are not happy with this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted