1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's hitting the fan in WWE: 10 suspensions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

You didn't specify which section.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I guess I meant 'our' as in sports.

Sorry. It's in our SPORTS briefs tomorrow.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Can't wait to see WWE advertise Howard Finkel vs. Todd Grisham for the unified WWE world title at Wrestlemania.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mean Gene would beat the shit out of both of them.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Nuh uh! Bobby the Brain would have something to say about that!

Actually, forget Bobby the Brain. I'm taking Armando Alejandro Estraaaaaaaaaaaaaada to win the title in a Four Corners Match.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Seriously, if I'm in their spot, I do this next week:

RAW
    * Orton is "indefinitely suspended" for attacking a fan (Cena's dad). While the loss of Orton hurts them, at least they have a reasonable out for sidelining him.
    * Triple H beats down King Booker in a rematch, sends him off with a fake injury
    * Kennedy disappears in something related to the McMahon Bastard Angle. The McMahons and their lawyers are supposed to stink upappear on Raw Monday, so they can kidnap him or sequester him or something like that.
    * Morelli: Have Ron Simmons beat him up, steal Maria and send him to suspension and probably OVW with a well-placed DAMN!
    * Charlie Haas: Give Shelton a singles push? And let him wash the dye out of his hair?
    * William Regal: Vince decides Regal isn't doing a good job as GM, fires him in the first segment and goes on talking about his bastard, setting the stage for the rest of the show. Understand, I don't want this stupid angle to consume Raw, or exist, but I'm abiding by certain inevitabilities.

ECW
    * Have Punk beat Morrison for the ECW title.

Smackdown
    * Edge/Helms: Both injured, not a big deal. Not sure whether they'll take out 30 days of downside guarantee pay while they're recovering, or whether they'll have to sit out 30 days after they get cleared by their respective doctors.
    * Batista/Rey: Injury angle with Khali. Yeah, it makes me cringe too, but it's the easiest and most logical way to get them knocked out.
    * Funaki: who the fuck cares
    * Chavo Guerrero: Can disappear for a while since he has nothing cooking (the Rey match was a one-shot deal, not the long-term resumption of a feud).
    * Chris Masters: see Funaki

There's a couple of guys in OVW that could get called up to help fill out the roster. And sign Jericho yester-fucking-day.

7. KYSportsWriter

Why are you not on the creative staff? :D

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'd piss of a McMahon/Triple H and be done before I started.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Is Bob Backlund available?

10. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Meltzer's latest update on the situation:

Sports Illustrated has received information on the drugs and dates received by various WWE wrestlers, all of whom fall after the institution of the Wellness policy.

Based on these dates, the entire policy's credibility is shot in the sense there were detectable drugs purchased by talent through Internet doctors, a practice banned by the company's Wellness policy.

In addition, Ken Anderson (Mr. Kennedy) comes across like a complete fool because his last package was sent in February, one full year after he claimed to have gotten clean due to the Policy. Between October 2006 and February 2007, Anderson received Anastrozole (which is not a steroid, but used to counter affects of steroids such as development of female breast tissue), Somatropin (a Growth Hormone) and testosterone (an anabolic steroid).

Others listed in the article were:

Chris Benoit receiving Nandrolone and Anastrozole in February 2006.

Eddy Guerrero receiving Nandrolone, Testosterone and Anastrozole two weeks before his death.

Chavo Guerrero receiving many drugs, including Somatropin, Nandrolone and Anastrozole as late as May 2006.

Shane Helms receiveing testosterone, Genotropin (Growth Hormone) and Nandralone as late as February 2007.

Randy Orton receiving Somatropin, Nandrolone and Stanazolol as late as February 2007.

John Hennigan aka John Morrison getting Somatropin, Anastrozole, Testosterone, Stanazolol and HCG as late as February 2007.

Shoichi Funaki receiving Somatropin in March 2006.

Brian Adams received Nandrolone, Testosterone and Somatropin in December.

Charlie Haas received Anstrozole, Somatropin, Stanazolol, Nandrolone and HCG as late as January

Edward Fatu (Umaga) received Somatropin as late as December.

Darren Matthews (William Regal) recieved Stanozolol, Somatropin, Genotropin and Anastrozole as late as November.

Adam Copeland received Somatropin, Genotropin and Stanazolol as late as February. This must have included new evidence because government evidence on Copeland received by the Observer in May listed Copeland as not having received anything doctors were under investigation for in several years.

Sylvan Grenier received Somatropin, Nandrolone, Genotropin and Stanazolol as late as July 2006. Grenier has was fired by the company two weeks ago for unrelated reasons.

The company by the wording of its policy would be forced to suspend these wrestlers, aside from Benoit and Guerrero, because this would indicate flagrant violations of the policy after implementation.

The company suspended ten wrestlers, but this list only includes nine active wrestlers, two of whom, Helms and Copeland, are out indefinitely due to injuries.

Orton, Morrison, Matthews and Fatu were all key characters on television. Given the nature of the television as late as Tuesday, WWE could not have made the decision to suspend until Wednesday at the earliest, and most likely the decision was made this morning.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

So, in light of this story, Vince McMahon's response will be to blame the messenger instead of actually implementing a "Wellness Policy" that actually means something.

12. KYSportsWriter

Holy fucking shit. We're going to be seeing some major changes on WWE program...

If only TNA were more interesting to me...

Draft saved Draft deleted