1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's hitting the fan in WWE: 10 suspensions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Aug 30, 2007.

1. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

NOBODY CAN BREAK THE MASTERLOCK!

By the way, I think you should add Bobby Lashley to the "ain't buying it" list.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Even though he's a B-lister (maybe even C-lister), The Rock has to be glad he left the biz each and every day.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Why not list the names now? In fact, usually the drug suspension names come out in one form or another. And unless they're suspending people who aren't active or are far down the card, it's going to be pretty obvious who's missing, even if they come up with great angles to explain their absence.

And if they gave Mysterio and Batista big pushes knowing that they'd likely be suspended soon, then they're just stupid. Especially Mysterio, who had been connected to Phil Astin since two days after Benoit's murders. They could have easily held off on his return.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That's exactly why, I think. They don't want their big merchandise sellers publicly embarrassed ... so they'll created a storyline so the kiddies don't have to ask why Rey Rey and Batista got the boot for a bit.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Problem is, today's fans are a lot more savvy than the ones in the 80's and 90's. I'm guessing a lot of people will know about the suspensions. Even the angle will let people know that this is probably one of the guys.

The cynic in me suspects a lot of lower-card (Masters) and injured (Lashley, Edge) names. If they really send some big-timers to the sidelines, then they're in deep shit because even with the return of HHH (who looks a lot smaller now, so he might be okay), they're woefully short on top names.

Wondering if they'll be backing up the Brinks truck to Chris Jericho's front door right about now...

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

From the AP:

The New York Daily News Web site said Thursday that wrestlers Randy Orton, Charles Haas, Jr., Adam “Edge” Copeland, Robert “Booker T” Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John “Johnny Nitro” Hennigan, Darren “William Regal” Matthews, Ken “Mr. Kennedy” Anderson and Chavo Guerrero were suspended.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Just fixing to post this. How did Mysterio avoid suspension?

I take back my earlier cynicism. Unless these are short suspensions, this is going to be a very interesting next few weeks on WWE TV.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

If the RVD principle holds true, Morrison will lose his belt ASAP. Now they've got no choice BUT to slap the ECW belt on CM Punk.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Oh, there's ALWAYS another choice:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

...Striker?

11. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

This sure makes Mr. Kennedy look like an assclown after his comments during the Benoit hysteria.

12. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

According to Meltzer, ESPN has added these three names:

Dave Bautista
    Shoichi Funaki
    Chris Mordetzky aka Chris Masters

Draft saved Draft deleted