1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Its gonna snow hier in the South

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 19, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You might want to go get her a hot chocolate, newbie, because it's too cold for beer.
    Rosie is from Wisconsin like I enjoy Mitch Albom and Yawn wants to kiss Hillary Clinton full on his mouth

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Make that coffee. Too early for hot chocolate, too early for beer. (Slap, it's never too cold for beer ;) )

We Minnesotans pride ourselves on our ability to handle weather from both ends of the spectrum. I have had highs of 100 at my place in the summer -- right now it is 25 below. That's actual temp, not wind chill. I had to run over to my friend's house last night (I'm watching it while she's gone) and when I went out to start my truck (it was only 20 below) I didn't put on a jacket.

There's only one inaccuracy in that list, as far as the Rosie home is concerned. My dog sleeps inside every night. She's spoiled, but that's the way it should be.

Written by someone from Wisconsin, gheez! Better keep that coffee comin'.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Morning update: My part of town hasn't got squat. Snow is falling 50 miles south and it isnt sticking yet.

But we're live to bring you the latest in SNOW STORM COVERAGE as we might get an inch but probably wont so we'll just stand outside in the mist or, well, no moisture at all except for the town 50 miles south THAT ACTUALLY HAS flakes of VISIBLE SNOW that isn't sticking to the ground, although the tv geek weatherman is point to a few spots on the ground where it IS STICKING.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Slappy, I weep for you.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One winter in New Ulm, had three-straight weekends of crap.
    1st Saturday was an 18-inch snowfall where the best snow removal they could do downtown was plow to the middle of the street, leave a barrier of snow in the middle and use a front end loader in the intersection.
    2nd Saturday was 70-below with the wind chill. I lived half a block from work and froze my ass off during the walk. Was so cold that the engine block heater didnt work for shit.
    3rd Saturday was another 16 inches of snow on top of the 18 that didn't melt.

today: flurries and events are cancelled.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

If events were canceled here each time a snowflake was spotted, we'd be shut down for six months.

Be strong, Slappy. They just have no clue.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh dear Jeebus... the local foofs have discovered the camera location and have brought their idiot inbred kids to stand behind the camera and stare so they can get them on tee vee.
    This one boob with a scraggly beard, I want to punch; then take out this old woman show everbody her 6 month ol grand baby gettin to see snow.
    Why does TV bring out the worst foolishness in people? The light goes on and they turn into fucking morans.
    Jeebus, the bearded foof just elbowed a little kid to get on camera...

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We're supposed to get 3-4 inches in the next 24 hours. The Queen is my DD for my shindig tonight and she's not happy. She's calling four-wheel-drive limo services as we speak.

Covered a football game at Maine once. 38 degrees. People were in shirtsleeves and ice cream was a huge seller at the concession stands.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

If Mr. Rosie and I already didn't have plans for a recognition dinner this evening, I'd come down and drive you around.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'd take you up on that offer. We're doing drinks at a cool new bar in town and then adjourning to one near the paper so the desk crew can join us for a few more.

Why I love my (former) desk crew: We have a later game tonight but they are trying to weasel out of a replate. "Screw that, let's lock up early because of the weather."

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Sounds like fun. Nice when the weather can work to your advantage. ;)

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Damn...forgot the blue font. My mistake for assuming sarcasm detectors would be turned on in the middle of the night.

Draft saved Draft deleted