1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Going To Have To Be A Helluva Speech

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 23, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Is this a frat tailgate or a presidential speech?

When's "Who Let the Dogs Out?" gonna play over the PA?

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO /ric flair

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I love the shots of Hillary and other democrats simply sitting and watching the president, but not clapping when he says he's going to have the deficit gone in five years.

I sort of agree with the non-clapping. How can we get rid of the deficit if he's continuing to send more troops into Iraq and more resources toward a war that many believe we cannot win?

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Is Obama sleeping?

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

New thought: He's text messaging his kids.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I've barely looked at Bush (no, he doesn't look better in HD either) but instead am watching Cheney and his "shady" eyes and Pelosi's facial expressions which read, "Is this guy a complete idiot? Does he really believe what he's saying?" Her lack of clapping, too, makes me laugh. I type that as he says something worth listening to for a democrat. :D

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

You're absolutely right about Pelosi

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

He seems to be playing a lot to his buddies on the right side. Does he remember that this is actually a democrat majority room? I think Cheney just thought of a joke in his mind -- maybe it was some sort of joke relating to him having shot his buddy while hunting. He's got his snarky little smile on his face now.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Thank you for defending my honor, Red.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Did I just see Obama almost nodding off?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I've wondered the same thing, FH. I've never noticed how small Cheney's eyes are, either, which has had me questioning if he's about to fall asleep.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Condi looked ready to whip somebody's ass.

Draft saved Draft deleted