1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Going To Have To Be A Helluva Speech

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Bush is the ONLY guy Kerry could beat, and he would wallop him now.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Careless.... in calling him a moron at a time when he had his 75 percent approval?

While all the assholes who voted for him in 2004 are NOW saying that the guy is more of the problem than the answer, she was saying it when it was tough to say it.

Wasn't clumsy at all.

She's brilliant, as is the documentary about the misogynistic, red America that got its jollies out on her.

If a man had said it, it never would have had the legs it did.

3. UTshooter is a chick, detective.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Steward did a pretty hilarious advance of the address last night on The Daily Show. They played it up like the Super Bowl, calling it State of the Union VI. Said it was a clash between two longtime rivals: The president ... and words.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Any chance he'll be giving us an update on the manned mission to Mars and the reduction in dependence on foreign oil?

Helluva vs Heckuva (as in "job, Brownie")

YHS, etc

6. http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/23/2007-sotu/

Here 'tis.
    Nothing about Mars, but a lot about the relationship of the war in Iraq to 9/11.
    Jim Webb's response ought to be fun.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Is that Dikembe next to Laura Bush?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When did it become acceptable for members of Congress or people watching the SOTU address to cheer and whoop and holler? I can't believe people would "Whooooop" when the President is announced. That's damned embarrassing, no matter who holds that office.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Madam Speaker is all wet.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And if it is, does she want to sex Dikembe?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think members from a certain party feel the need to whoop and holler in order to make it sound as though he's more popular than he actually is.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don't mind the "here, here" comments when he announces something his party likes. I'm talking the "Holy crap, there's Elvis!!!" screaming or the Ric Flair imitations.

Draft saved Draft deleted