1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Going To Have To Be A Helluva Speech

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 23, 2007.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Worst. haiku. ever.

And did Groundhog Day get moved up to Jan. 23 due to global warming?

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What calendar are they using? The one I'm using says today, the day of the State of the Union address, is Tuesday Jan. 23 and Groundhog Day is Friday, Feb. 2. The State of the Union has never been in February. However three years ago, both events were on Tuesdays a week apart. I like humor like that, but only when it makes sense. In this case, it makes no sense.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Really? Just as stupid as anything Bush has said? How about "Bring 'em on", or "Wanted Dead or Alive" or, Jesus, there's probably about 5,000 examples people can come up with.

Basically Maines was saying, "I disagree with the President's decision to go to war." She didn't say it articulately, but so what? It turns out she was right and everybody that was against the war was right, too.

I'm not a fan of the Dixie Chicks, but I'd much prefer her saying something that was inarticulate than to that jingoistic, ignorant garbage coming out of Toby Keith's mouth.

Four years later, how many people are embarrassed that Bush comes from the same country that we do, let alone the same state? Given his 33 percent approval rating, I'd say quite a few.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

33 percent? I'm pretty sure a recent poll put that number even lower. Anyone?

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I actually did notice that ... After I posted it. Goddam lefties can't get anything right.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

"Mission accomplished." Which is why we've now committed 21,500 more troops to Iraq.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

"I do."

When asked if he swore to God that he would abide by the Constitution when he was inaugurated, and then blatantly violated the Constitution through his unwarranted wire taps.

But I digress...

I probably won't even watch the speech because it will piss me off and get me in a bad mood. At this point is there anything he can say that will make people think, "Hey, this guy's right. The war was worth it. Everything really is going well. Yay!"

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Remember . . . the insurgency's in its last throes.

Goddamn pinkos.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

We will be welcomed with open arms.

10. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr 12,

Well, they were welcomed with arms of a sort. Put in arms' way, perhaps.

YHS, etc

11. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I heard and read 28 per cent.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And many have returned with open places where arms used to be.

But that wasn't in the marketing campaign, friend.

Draft saved Draft deleted