1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Going To Have To Be A Helluva Speech

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 23, 2007.

1. President Fredo enters Nixonland.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/22/opinion/polls/main2384943.shtml

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Shit that any of us knew was true the moment the asshole did the bait-and-switch Iraq attack.

It is startling the number of morons in this country, on this board, who voted for him in 2004.

I didn't feel that militantly about the 2000 voters, but the people who voted for him a second time... they have deeply damaged our country.

P.S.: You pricks can apologize to Michael Moore whenever you want.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And to Natalie Maines as well. There are probably 15 million Texans feeling ashamed right about now.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Are you kidding? That'd make 'em flip-floppers. And only East Coast liberal pinko commie welfare check cashin', tree-huggin' pussies flip flop.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hoping for a repeat mention of working folks' employer-provided "gold-plated" medical-insurance plans . . .

. . . as tens-of-thousands more Mr./Mrs. Middle-Classers roll their eyes, turn the TV off, and mutter "whatever possessed me to vote for THAT out-of-touch simpleton . . . "

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Got this in an e-mail this morning, origination unknown but nonetheless amusing:

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union address occur on the same day. As Air America Radio pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition of Events: one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication while the other involves a groundhog."

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I prefer the term "latte-sipping, endive-munching, NPR-listening, green-car driving liberal pinko commie, tree-huggin' pussies." But, whatever floats yer boat. ;)

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was watching the Today Show this morning and David Gregory was interviewing Tony Snow. Now Snow wasn't the train wreck that was Scott McClellan, but he is just so hyper-agressive. I wonder if he and Gregory hate each other as much as it seems or whether they actually get along and enjoy the jabbing back and forth.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'll admit it's tempting to want to stand up in front of Bush supporters and say, "You happy now?" But given the state the country is in, there's little joy in the Shrub's failure.

Let that be a reminder to you, Old Tony and anyone else who might be reading this. I personally don't enjoy revelling in Bush's failures simply because a large number of his failures have hurt real people. If they were just bumbling mistakes involving his staff, it'd be one thing. But more than 3,000 soldiers dead makes me want to do something other than rejoice at Bush's failures.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I was watching a bit of the House of Commons the other day. I think we need to add that to our political scene. Bush in that setting would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Also, well done, cranberry, on passing that tidbit from Air America.

11. I know many liberals. Not one of them has ever munched an endive.

12. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I voted for Bush twice. I'm sorry. This is my public apology for my poor decision(s).

Draft saved Draft deleted