1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Gillispie for UK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chester, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Kentucky — where the K stands for Karacter.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

It's not like Pitino was a choir boy either. The two coaches UK fans hate most, Hall and Smith, were two of the best people they had.

Just win baby!!!!

3. Sorry but I've been out of the loop of late, did Donovan turn them down or did this guy just say yes faster?

4. Bob Slydell

Donovan said thursday he was happy in Florida and had no interest in the UK job.

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

You're right, of course, but the guy turned a mangy dog into a 20-game winner in El Paso and then turned three straight 20-win seasons at TAMU. Would he seem less like a carpetbagger if he had three middling seasons at TAMU followed by three 20-win seasons and then left? He committed to make TAMU a winner and that's what he did.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Are you saying Michael Corleone is not a respctable, legitimate businessman?

7. Bob Slydell

But of course he is, just with a minor case of VD thrown in, or so I've heard. But I'm sure everyone has heard stories about him in this area.

8. Thanks.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No doubt picked up off a dirty toilet seat in Rupp Arena.

10. Bob Slydell

No problem.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I had to post this somewhere, and since Lofton is from Kentucky, I figured this would be the best place.

This is from the end of the first half at Vandy this year. If you thought the one he hit in Kevin Durant’s face in the final seconds in Knoxville this year was a bomb … just watch this.

I don’t care how short or slow he is. He will make an NBA roster for shots like this if nothing else.

For those who didn’t see the one he hit on Durant, that’s on YouTube also.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Good thing Tubby didn't feel the need to recruit THAT kid.

Draft saved Draft deleted