1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Gillispie for UK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chester, Apr 6, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Love in his news conference, when asked if he or his "representatives" were contacted prior to yestersday:
    "I don't have any representatives. I'm a country boy... There were conversations between a mutual friend."
    If I was in that news conference, I only wish I had the stones to ask who it was.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Frank Broyles ... pwned again by the Big Blue.

The Georgia Con Man cannot vacate his Fayetteville premises fast enough. By the way, enjoy MIKE NEWELL as your head coach, fucker!

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe so, but if he doesn't produce magic in Lexington, he won't see his first class graduate after playing at Rupp, either.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I wonder how many Kentucky fathers will now name their newborn sons Billy Clyde?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah, but what does that have to do with Billy Gillispie? :D

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I wonder if a Colette Connell look-alike will greet him on the tarmac of the airport...

Bama still wins... this didn't drag out nearly as long...

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Four Roses. Better than them all.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Thanks for taking the job, Billy.

Now, about that NCAA tournament thing … yeah, we’re gonna have to go ahead and ask you to win that thing next year.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So, do old-time Kentuckians feel they now got their payback for Bear Bryant?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Why would you hire DIzzy Gillespie? Fuck's been dead for 15 years. And UK screwed themselves with Bear Bryant. Rupp got special reatment that Bahr didnt and it pissed him off.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

C-J posts story about Gillispie's prior arrests (click here), and already UK fans go crazy, ripping the C-J for negative journalism.

One UK fan goes so far to say that the story of his law-breaking past "has nothing to do with this man as a coach." ::)

12. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'm pretty sure he already got that memo.

I was at the PC today, and afterwards while Barnhart was talking to some reporters, one of the TV guys from Louisville said "we" talking about the program.

Draft saved Draft deleted