1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Gillispie for UK

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by chester, Apr 6, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

There was never a verbal agreement. :)

That being said, IT WASN'T FEDEX! I wish people would stop impugning both FedEx and UPS for that.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I thought it was Branson? Oh well, it's 20 degrees here in DSM. Hooray for spring!!!!!!!! [/sarcasm]

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Yeah, but Emery's no longer around, so they have to go elsewhere to payoff their recruits.

Perhaps they should set up PayPal accounts.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dude, Kentucky had Eddie Sutton. Do you think a little drinking problem scares them??

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

TSP: You're telling me that Gillispie never has rented a house to Prince?

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Methinks TSP was talking about Billy's and Carlos' abilities to negotiate contracts.

So, what's Billy's first endorsement deal at Kentucky? Maker's Mark? Jim Beam? Woodford Reserve?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ah, I took him at "Boozer." I've already blocked Carlos' time with my Cavs out of my head.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Like that would have stopped Gillispie from walking weeks later, when Kentucky called. He would have left just the same.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yeah. Great for him.

"Let's see, Billyboy, do you really like those boosters treatin your program like a second-class citizen? C'mon up here and sniff the good life."

It's a good life alright until you lose two straight. Or bow out of the tournament again in the second round.

Welcome to hell, Billy. You'll want to lick a cadet's boots in repentance before long.

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

The best part about this:
    From the Lexington Herald-Leader's Website:
    "Pick up our Extra Edition on the hiring this afternoon at Memorial Coliseum or at Kroger, Wal-Mart, Meijer or Shell locations!"
    Yup, they sure do love their UK hoops up there. Amazing.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So, let me get this straight:

Gillispie begins his news conference talking about dedication and relationships with players.

The same guy who has yet to recruit a class and stay through its senior year.

Funny stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted