1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's getting hard to make my stomach turn anymore, but this did it....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/teens-allegedly-burn-and-behead-man/20071112170909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

DETROIT (Nov. 12) - A high school senior and another teenager were charged Monday in the slaying and mutilation of an adult acquaintance, whose burned torso was found last week, and severed head discovered this weekend in a local river. Prosecutors say the teens killed the man for the thrill of it.

Canton High School student Jean Pierre Orlewicz, 17, of Plymouth, and Alexander James Letkemann, 18, of Westland, are charged with one count each of first-degree premeditated murder, felony murder and mutilation of a corpse.

They are accused in the planning, ambush and slaying of 26-year-old Daniel Sorenson last Wednesday in a Canton Township garage owned by Orlewicz's grandfather, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said.

"They lured him in the garage where they prepared a space to kill him," Worthy said at a news conference.

A tarp had been spread on the garage floor, and Sorenson was stabbed multiple times in the back. His head was sawed off and his body wrapped in the tarp, authorities said.

His hands and feet were burned with a blowtorch, possibly in an effort to conceal Sorenson's identity, the said.

I know... I know... These killers are just people, and shouldn't be treated like the rabid animals they are. Wouldn't want to get fenian's panties in a bunch.

The photos of these punks present the very epitome of "glassy-eyed"

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Only in Detroit ...

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If this wasn't recorded and posted to youtube or a myspace account, this murder ain't shit.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Stay on topic please

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I thought you were talking about today's NFL, Simon. I know it turns mine.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Starman, wanna join me on a road trip to Mo'town?

8. Jims242

Jims242 Member

To steal a line from the "Soup's" Joel McHale: "Once upon a time, when I cared whether people lived or died."

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The weird part is, the CNN.com story mentioned that the kid Sorensen committed the murder, but when the body was too heavy, he called his buddy over to help him get rid of the body. When does that ever become a phone call you can make to a friend?

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

See the taboo thread on Anything Goes. The taboo of not being able to call your buddy to help dispose of murder victims was broken a few years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted