1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Frontline time!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, May 2, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No, not the People's Broadcast System show.

The flea treatment.

Our cats get sooooo pissed when you treat them. The dog? She forgot about it five minutes after it happened. Six hours later, the cats all all still mad. They've always been like that.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's what you get for having cats...

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I had a cat who was allergic to that shit once. He really hated me when I treated him with that instead of Advantage once.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, I married into them.

5. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

One of the best bumper stickers I've ever seen said: "Dogs come when you call. Cats use an answering machine."

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Our cat turns into a fierce jungle beast when it's time to put her in the cat carrier to take her to the vet. I still have a couple scars on my arms from an unfortunate clawing incident a couple years ago, when I tried to get her from under the dining room hutch.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My cat has me chasing him all over the condo to get him in the carrier for the vet or the groomer.

Yes, groomer. He's part long-haired and to cut down on the amount of hair he sheds (and to keep him looking good) the wife & I take him to the groomer about 2-3 times a year. Giving him a sedative about 20-25 minutes before putting him in the carrier helps keep him calm enough for the groomer to work on. He typically gets a "Lion cut" (the hair on the body short, the hair near the neck/chest a little longer to look like a mane, and the tail hairs short except for a lion-like "poof" on the end)

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

TTIUWOP of the "Lion cut" ... that sounds awesome.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

This post is like a Tony Stewart public statement -- it went on just long enough for you to completely screw up your initial intention.

You would've been fine had you just stopped after the explanation, which was a nice job of convincing us that you're not traveling the country entering your cat in beauty contests. But in true Tony Stewart style, you kept going ... and described a "lion cut" ... and used the word "poof."

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I used "poof" because I didn't know what else to call it and that's what the groomer calls it. Besides its a riot for a few weeks after his haircut seeing him intermittently chase the ball of hair on the end of his tail

Draft saved Draft deleted