1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's election night here....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That said, I'm a little surprised that Cuccinelli hung on and won. Out of all the GOPers who lost in northern Virginia, he was the most conservative, easily, and he won. I don't know enough about Saslaw, but the House Republican leadership has always been the biggest problem, as is my perception. Primarily because most of them are from RoVa, which may as well be Starkville, Mississippi.

That said, I'm sort of sad to see Devolites-Davis lose. I think the Davis family is pretty much all that's right about the Republican party. So of course over the next 365 days neither of them will be involved much in any capacity.

2. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Is the Virginia lege still called the House Of Burgesses, because I always thought that was cool.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I do a pretty mean Haley Barbour impression. It's a spoof on his motto from the first election: "We can do so much better."

5. He thought it was cool, too.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm getting a blue question mark on that one.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm out here on Cape Hatteras and they had a referendum on something called "Liquor by the Drink." No idea what it was all about -- I mean, how else are you going to serve liquor? -- but most of the roadside signs told me to vote No. Fuck that. I've never voted against liquor in my life. In fact, my family's been registered Liquorites -- and proud of it -- back to my great-great-grandpappy's age. Too bad my two-day residency doesn't meet local requirements. I fear liquor went down to defeat.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Mini-bottles. The bane of mixed drink drinkers. I'm a beer guy, so it didn't bother me during my three years in South Carolina.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

What? Help me out here, Del. Are you saying that if you want a drink poured here, you have to buy a mini-bottle? They can't pour a shot out of a 26? Seriously?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

I used to live near Hatteras so I'm stunned they would even be contemplating anything that would go against, in one form or another, the mass consumption of booze.

Get down to Ocracoke if you get the chance. In Nags Head, try the gamefish (usually tuna) burrito at the Red Drum or the crab cake sandwich at Tortuga's Lie. They're both located on the beach road.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

When I was visiting Utah, they metered the liquor poured into mixed drinks... it dumbfounded this Wisconsin boy....

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I believe they do this in Columbia, S.C., as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted