1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's election night here....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And I don't have any pizza. WTF?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

I'm not at work, so I'm missing out on any pizza they might get tonight. (tear)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Election Night....one thing I absolutely do NOT miss now that I'm out of the business.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

April was my first election night on the news side... I had heard all the horror stories, so ahead of time I arranged to speak to all the candidates after the polls had closed. Was in the office until approximately midnight and left with all three of my stories completed (we are a p.m. with a 10 a.m. deadline)... and was the only one there all night.

The rest of the staff waited to do their crap in the morning and were running around with their heads cut off... I didn't get any pizza and caught a pretty accurate glimpse of the kind of news room I was working in...

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

It's fun to watch them run around trying to get late stories in on deadline. I get dirty looks when I ask what the big deal is. I mean, we do this at least three times a week. No sense of humor over there.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

My one election cycle where I was on the news side, it was much of the same. I stayed until 2 or 3 doing my stuff, three stories in all, I think, and the others were in first thing in the morning chasing, chasing, chasing. Was too funny.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Our news desk is 45 miles away. If there's pizza, I can't even smell it. :'(

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Sports: Where it's Election Night Every Night.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Same here . . . I think you only get pizza if the big bosses are around to muck things up. If they're not there, no one needs to eat, right?

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Our third shipment of pizza just arrived. I asked a guy in news who occasionally helps us out over here which is worse: election night or a random night in sports.

"any night in sports."

I relayed that to another news sider. Her genius take?

"Yeah, well, that's because we plan."

Yeah, we just throw shit on pages. Never mind that they apparently shipped in 30 people just to work tonight on that side (never seen so many people over there in my life).

*grumble*

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We know they're morons on newsside, IJAG. This only helps reinforce that fact.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Not all of us.

Draft saved Draft deleted