1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Day 298 of the Pelosi Revolution and...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

She knew the lay of the land going in, didn't she? Given that, she said she would fix the problems.

Give us your spin on how she has, FenPhen.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Min. wage increase is a token cracker to the hungry masses. That's the Democrat way, just give them a mirage of help but no more because we need to keep them dependent on us.

3. As opposed to the Republican way: "Get a fuckin' job."

They both suck. Can we blow up Congress now?

4. Our boy, the Kudzu King, is once again arguing for a more vigorous, European-style safety net.
    Bravo.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

trifectarich said it best on the first page. I'll echo. If there's a politician in Washington who truly gives a shit about me and my family, and what's best for it, I'll kiss your ass.

They'll all kiss the baby for the camera, while grabbing its mothers' ass with the free hand.

6. Once again, the argument for the death of a self-governing republic.
    Throwing up your hands is not an option.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's Day 109 of the Yawn Devolution!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So she's not "Doing nothing" as your friends have claimed? Why don't you righties hash this out then.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

All these talking points--it's all so confusing which piece of bullshit to use.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, except for the fact that if said person did "Get a fuckin' job," the problem would be solved. If they go the route the Dems want, the problem continues. That's just life in the real world.

As I've always said, those who count on the government for their necessities are always left waiting for the government.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Tony, I mostly am on the same page with you, but when that fuckin job is a minimum wage job, or even up to $10 an hour, loosely speaking, you're looking at the face of the working poor.

As for the other children and the safe spot in Amman crap, get a life. Fact is while people have died on the front line, God rest their souls and be with their families, there's a shitload of journalists covering this war from distant areas, which makes their objectivity clouded. Take that, and shove it up your worn-out asses.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

206 journalists and media assistants killed since the start of fighting in Iraq in March 2003, two still missing, 14 are kidnapped

http://www.rsf.org/special_iraq_en.php3

http://www.cpj.org/

Draft saved Draft deleted