1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Day 298 of the Pelosi Revolution and...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

What has it accomplished?

Let's see....I got it...

oh wait....

there I found something.....

wait, no that was just a promise....

..can anyone help?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Botox is now part of Medicare/Medicaid

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Yawn, you're right. Society suddenly finds itself put back into a state of momentary barbarism; it appears as if a famine, a universal war of devastation, had cut off the supply of every means of subsistence; industry and commerce seem to be destroyed. And why? Because there is too much civilization, too much means of subsistence, too much industry, too much commerce. The productive forces at the disposal of society no longer tend to further the development of the conditions of bourgeois property; on the contrary, they have become too powerful for these conditions, by which they are fettered, and so soon as they overcome these fetters, they bring disorder into the whole of bourgeois society, endanger the existence of bourgeois property. The conditions of bourgeois society are too narrow to comprise the wealth created by them. And how does the bourgeoisie get over these crises? On the one hand, by enforced destruction of a mass of productive forces; on the other, by the conquest of new markets, and by the more thorough exploitation of the old ones. That is to say, by paving the way for more extensive and more destructive crises, and by diminishing the means whereby crises are prevented.

The weapons with which the bourgeoisie felled feudalism to the ground are now turned against the bourgeoisie itself.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You couldn't have waited a couple of days? Round numbers look so good in headlines.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Revolution Will Be Televised

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's Not TV, It's HBO.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Because they ran on the "We're Not the Republican Party" platform and unfortunately, too many people bought it.
    Nancy Pelosi will go down in history as one of the biggest jokes in US political history.
    I just hope it doesn't set women in national politics back a few years.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Don't blame it on Pelosi. She's no better or worse than all the crooks who came before her. If you made a list of all the senators and congressmen in D.C. who truly are concerned with you and I and the people who elected them, you could do it in 400-point type and not need the back of the sheet of paper.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

But she said she would fix everything.
    She's proven as effective as a pea shooter trying to take down a jumbo jet.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but I'll take "Do nothing" over "Screw up every single friggin' thing you touch" nine times out of 10, Somnolent One.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

But you cannot be in that position and just sit there and be ineffective.
    I disagree with that premise anyway. She's ineffective because she has no clue what she's doing.

12. And what would someone who had a clue be doing?
    You got a way to make a 2/3rds veto-proof majority appear out of thin air? Has she taken some dives that I despise -- starting with taking impeachment "off the table" unilaterally -- and wish she hadn't? Absolutely. But there really are institutional restraints on what someone with a tiny congressional majority can do.

Draft saved Draft deleted