1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's bleepin' hot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Hot.

Just not the hottest summer in more than a decade.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It's also my first since 1975 without central AC. In the sub-tropics, it makes a difference.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Been about 100 here every day. Typical summer. A front is actually supposed to squeeze in by Sunday and knock the temperature down to 92 with scattered storms.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My wife does not want the air conditioning on in our house.

We live in South Florida.

This is the same woman who slept with the balcony door open in her condo in Saint-Petersburg, Russia . . . in winter.

I'm sure there is some logic to this . . . but it escapes me.

5. lmcmillan33

lmcmillan33 Member

Weather in Ohio is unpredictable as ever. The last couple days we had highs in the 60s. Today was warmer. It also was warmer on Christmas Eve, when it got into the lower 70s as I recall. I'm sure it will be 95 by the middle of next week.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

something ain't right. by now, our temps should be well in the 90s. but it's been pretty cool -- mid 70s and up -- all week. my sinuses hate it, but i love it.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Looks like the rain is finally going away for good in the New England states. Then again, I said that last week, too...

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I think it was worse two years ago.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, boys. Heat index has been over 100 for about two weeks straight, here in South Alabam'.

This week was not nearly as bad as last week, however.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

95 in Microville today. That's hot. It's actually nice to be in the office today and there will definitely be a cold beer waiting for me on the back porch at home after we go to press tonight.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

We've had two solid weeks of 100, or near 100, and we haven't had a drop of rain at my house in six weeks.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

As a former South Florida resident, that's lunacy.

Draft saved Draft deleted