1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's bleepin' hot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

What is this, the summer of '98?

BBQ tomorrow shouldn't require charcoal.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's been in the high 70s and low 80s all week here with little humidity. Is this really July in Virginia?

4. Johnny Dangerously

Color me jealous.

5. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

JD I've been in D.C. and Pittsburgh for the last few days.

The low tonight in The 'Burgh is gonna be 59.

D.C. was warm, not too humid.

It's been a nice respite.

As Matthew Broderick said in "Biloxi Blues," it's been "Africa hot" down South.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, it's been unseasonably cool in the northeast for much of the summer. I just got back home to Pittsburgh after a trip to Baltimore/DC and as J_M mentioned, it doesn't feel like summer at all. I was up in Newport, RI for three days in June and one night the temperature got down to like 48 degrees.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Jesus, you should hang with myb friend in Pittsburgh unless your social calendar is filled. How long you gonna be there?

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It was like 50 and rainy yesterday where I was; after a week where my car temperature said it was 113.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'm the friend. PM me and let me know your schedule!

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

82 in Seattle today. I am moving to Vegas next week, where it is gonna be 108.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Had maybe one day past 90 this year in the Mile High City. Just had another big thunderstorm roll through. It's been a very wet spring and now early summer. But the latest storm has blown through, the sun is out so there will be fireworks at Coors tonight.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Fuck this. I'm in RI. It's 69 here in the middle of the afternoon. We need some hot weather so I can go swimming in this biatch.

Draft saved Draft deleted