1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's an outrage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 14, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Damn straight.

2. lono

lono Active Member

About $5000.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Is it still that much for the difference pre-owned and certified used? :D

4. lono

lono Active Member

Well, there's used and then there's used. You pay $5000 less for a used car that as worn out as Back Door Betty's bunghole. But, hey, you get what you pay for.

Listen to the song, "Thousand-Dollar Car" by the Bottle Rockets.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Could we please keep this on topic? We don't want to incur the wrath of boots.

[​IMG]

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I liked that....

7. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I just made my 12th car payment, and I officially own 1/6th of it. A few tips on car buying (I know dick about cars but still had to buy one a year ago).

Never be pressured into a deal, no matter how good it sounds. Ask for at least one day before having to make a decision.

Always be up front with what you're willing to pay. I got a 2006 Ford Focus (34 miles per gallon) for monthly payments of $192.02 because that the best price I could find, anywhere. If you look hard enough, you'll find something.

Bring a notepad when going to different dealerships. This will show them you mean business.

Ask what is the best feature of the car. If it's the warranty, do not buy that car.

More as I think of them, but that should get you started. Feel free to PM me if you think it will help.

8. lono

lono Active Member

"Used Cars V: The Wrath of Boots."

Starring David Spade as Boots, and Janine Garofalo as "The Downstairs Neighbor."

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Please, don't feed the trolls. :D

But seriously, that's some damn good advice.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Here's a tip: Don't take out a 6-year car loan.

11. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

Sometimes, you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Bucknutty, I hope you don't wreck that car, because you're waaaaaay upside down.

Draft saved Draft deleted