1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

Kaitlin Olson, aka becky on curb your enthusiasm, is a hottie and a great actor. "the son of god is not a monkey, larry!" her meltdown in the baptism episode is epic as well.

2. Garner

Garner Member

Just wanted to say this is currently the funniest show on television.

The comparisons to Seinfeld are completely inappropriate. There isn't the witty banter or the wide range of characters, but the actors are hilarious and the situations are funny and crude, but also heartwarming. However, these characters make Seinfeld's look like a couple of monks and a brunette nun.

If you haven't seen it you're missing out.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

It's my favorite comedy, with Rescue Me being my favorite overall. Both are FX shows ... hmmm.

I didn't really get this show at first, but now I'm totally hooked.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The other night at dinner someone merely asked, "Have you watched It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?" and I laughed out loud before he could finish the question. He knew exactly why I was laughing.

The best way to describe the show is that it's the id of network television.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know why, but I completely ignored this show last season. I was actually more intrigued by Starved, the show about people with eating disorders. I watched one episode and that was that...

I later went back and watched the first season and that is one hilarious show... Definitely one of my favorites...

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I just started watching reruns of this show...fantastic...so sorry I missed the first two seasons. It sucks that it's not out on DVD yet.

7. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

best comedy on tv, without a doubt. Blows that stinker "My name is earl" right out of the water.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I started Tivoing this show this year, catching up. I think I set it for first runs and repeats, soI don't know what year this one was, but the one where they ran the bar with no rules was possibly the most troubling, funny thing I've ever seen.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Urban legend is that for the first season of the show, they asked the creators to come up with eight topics that were way too-politically incorrect to ever make a show around. I think it was racism, homosexuality, abortion were some of them... That's how they came up with plots for their first several shows...

Brilliant stuff...

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah, I liked that show, too. I enjoyed seeing Carmine Ragusa from Laverne and Shirley as DeVito's old rival.

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

This video will get you ready for the third season (NSFW due to adult language)
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/60d14b6331

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Also NSFW due to a shirtless DeVito.

I should have known when the first two topics listed as search items were "Danny DeVito" and "blow jobs."

God I love that show.

Draft saved Draft deleted