1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's all 2nd Amendment 'til you kill your 2 year old sister

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The poll should ask if any of these numbnuts thought about what would happen if the government was overthrown in a revolution.

2. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Your kind of logic really don't fly around here when there are political arguments at stake.

3. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

May I present the Charter Arms Pink Lady .38 special. I had a Charter .38 once, but it sure as hell wasn't pink.

http://www.charterfirearms.com/products/Charter_Undercover_53830.asp

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is anyone here for making these things look like toys?

Do we have any common ground?

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe it's to protect their "way of life," but how come nobody has charged these parents with criminal negligence, or why haven't child service investigators come in, because they left a loaded gun within reach of their 5-year-old? If these parents had left their 2-year-old in the bathtub to drown, wouldn't it be expected that there would be questions about whether their other children were safe with them?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I want the Hello Kitty one.

7. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

This. I am all for responsible gun ownership. These parents were not responsible and should face consequences.

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

http://www.explosm.net/comics/2169/

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, that's one of the issues. There are many, many others.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You realize the Hello Kitty gun is either a photoshop job or a customized pistol, right?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that if you had taken that poll in 2005 or 2006, the Republican/Democrat splits would be reversed. Just like it would be if you take it when a Republican is president in 2017.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No kidding.

But, what does Devil want? Should the federal government be dictating the color and design of firearms now? Is that what you want?

And, on another front, one industry that has a problem with new/proposed laws is the same industry whose members like to lecture to us, all while their industry glorifies firearms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.