1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's A Very SJ.com Christmas VI...starring IJAG!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 24, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Outstanding as always.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Brilliant work (even if I wasn't mentioned) -- had me laughing so hard I was almost crying.

3. Incorrect.
    Alastair Sim.
    Magoo is second.
    Razzleberry dressing!

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Anyone have links to past It's A Very SportsJournalists.com Christmas threads?

And I'm partial to George C. Scott's rendition of Scrooge.

5. Very good on mean Scrooge and in-transformation Scrooge.
    Not as good on Redeemed Scrooge, which is the most important one. Handsome production, though, and Edward Woodward plays Christmas Present as though he's still doing The Equalizer.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Apples and oranges.

The visuals, combined with Backus' vocal stylings, might even break Dick Cheney down.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I liked it when Uncle Scrooge played Scrooge!

Great as always, Beej!

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Au contraire. I believe the slightly edgy version of Redeemed Scrooge adds believeability to the characters who are skeptical of his change of heart. Especially since he had to briefly revisit Mean Scrooge before surprising Bob Cratchitt with doubling his salary.

I normally hate Dickens, but A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite holiday traditions ever.

9. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

This was great stuff. My first time 'round as a near-newbie but hilarious.

10. ...BYH was better than his word. He became as good a man, as good a poster as the good old board had ever seen, or any other good old board in the good old internets. And to Tiny Tim, who did not die, he became a second father. It was said of him that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possesed the knowledge. May that be said,m and truly said of all of us. And so, as Tiny Tim observed,
    "God bless us everyone."

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

CRAP! I forgot Songbird and Dreunc and ESJ. I honestly had a great one in mind for X too.

The writethru will follow. :D

12. You filed an early?
    You have been in this business too long.

Draft saved Draft deleted