1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's a small world after all

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rumpleforeskin, Dec 30, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I never knew there were facing seats on airplaces. How awkward is that?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A friend was finishing his degree at State U. We run into each other at a high school football game. He mentions a girl in one of his classes has just gotten a job at my paper. I give him a card to give to her and tell him to tell her if she has any questions about good apartment complexes or anything to call me. I even jokingly say I had an extra room in the house I was renting if she wanted to live there. He said he didn't think she'd be interested, because she was kind of a bitch.

He gives the card to her and relays the message. Kind of. He says something about how we had a keg in the fridge 24/7 (true) and there was a 6-foot bong in the corner (not true). She made a face, said something about not wanting to live with a loser like that.

Our 10th wedding anniversary is in June. She still has that business card.

3. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yeah, that bong was about 4-foot. ;)

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wait, are we talking the beer bong or the other one?

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Weird. You spend most of the flight trying to keep your feet away from their feet. Southwest doesn't do that anymore, I don't think.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I was in Rome a few years back and my friends and I walked into a random bar off a side street. Hanging up on the wall was a Terrible Towel and a Crosby jersey. The owner was from Pittsburgh, and one of the patrons who I talked with while I was there was from originally from Pittsburgh as well and worked for UPMC. It was the last thing I expected to find in Rome.

7. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

I was sitting in a diversity training class, part of getting out of the biz and transitioning into working for a municipality here in the MetroPlex. We were introducing ourselves before we learned how to be tolerant and respectful of others (and all that other stuff we were told we had to do waaaay back in kindergarten) when one of the people in the class began to talk about his 4 years at an air force base in Ohio. The one where I grew up. Turns out he lived in the same neighborhood as my mom.

A gentleman sitting at his table just got out of the Army. His last post? At a post in Texas most of us all know now, and where I worked in my final job as a journalist. Where did the young man live? The same apartment complex where my wife and I resided.

One of the gentlemen sitting at my table used to work installing restaurant equipment. He had yearly training classes on how to work on new equipment in Ohio … in the town where we raised our kids. His classes were held in corporate headquarters, which was located just a few blocks from where we used to live.

Not nearly as neat as "accidently sleeping with your sister," but odd to have three in one day.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Well, what WOULD be cooler than that?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My downstairs neighbor apparently used to live below another SportsJournalists.com poster.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

good Lord. that IS random.

Edit: I suck.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Does she have a good door?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This, right here, is why you're my favorite.

Sonner, not so much. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted