1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's a peace loving religion, 'cept for the 5,000 women killed annually

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: It's a peace loving religion. Really, it is. Honestly.

He's got to be Bobble. Who the fuck else would align themselves with that hatemonger? Unless he's bobble's lover, of course.

2. Re: It's a peace loving religion. Really, it is. Honestly.

I am sure there are.
    The problem is that they can't do it.
    However, through hysterical ovverreaction, we can do it for them.

3. Re: It's a peace loving religion. Really, it is. Honestly.

hondo--
    You asked me to find another religion, and I did, and the Hindu honor killings take place in the upper classes in places like Calcutta, not off in the mountains somewhere.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Hysterical overreaction?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The problem isn't the religion so much as a group of Muslim fundamentalist, right-wing whackos are calling the shots.

Thank God nothing like that could happen here and that wars and torture and such have never been committed in the name of Christianity.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Apologism for Islam? So are you saying with good authority that 100 percent of all Muslims are murderous terrorist thugs? There are indeed Christian fundamentalists who kill abortion clinic doctors, but that doesn't mean they're representative of 100 percent of Christians, so why must the same standard be applied to Islam?

Are the Muslims (and Hindus, and Christians, and Cubs fans -- just kidding) who kill others in the name of their religion an abhorrent crowd? Without a doubt. But are all Muslims, Hindus, Christians and Cubs fans murderers? Of course not.

If that's apologism, then there's not much hope for us as a society.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Everybody's happy except for the 5,000 females being killed annually by Dad or Uncle for such transgressions as wearing a skirt.

Peachy.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And the body county racked up by Islamic extremists so dwarfs the body count of firebombed abortion clinics that your argument would be laughable if it weren't such a pathetic attempt to A. be an apologist for terrorists and B. find a way to rip Christianity.

People killed by Islamic terrorists: in the hundreds of thousands.
    People killed by militant anti-abortionists: I'd bet anything it's less than a few dozen -- not that it's to be excused. But comparing the two situations just shows the lengths you will go to excuse terrorists and blast Christians.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't forget to add the Crusades and Spanish Inquisition into your body count, hoodia.

10. JackS

JackS Member

Gotta say hondo kicked your ass there, dude. How long ago were the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition?

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Exactly how far back do you want to go? Cain and Abel?
    This is the situation the world is facing right now. Do we stick our heads in the sand and attempt to mitigate what's happening because of some other atrocities that happened 1,000 years ago?
    And I've always made it quite clear that I'm speaking of a very small minority of Muslims. But it's also clear that that very small minority is capable of an awful lot of mischief.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Not to mention the hundreds killed by Christian terrorists in Northern Ireland.

Draft saved Draft deleted