1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's a peace loving religion, 'cept for the 5,000 women killed annually

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 18, 2006.

1. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Re: It's a peace loving religion. Really, it is. Honestly.

Exactly what is so comical about it?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Cripes, this again.

The terrorists come from an extreme faction of Islam, one that manipulates the Koran's teachings for their gains. They're akin to Christians who firebomb abortion clinics.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

DING! DING! DING!
    99.99999999999999999999999999% of Muslims don't want to destroy everything.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is exactly how the objectors to Bush and the fundies feel. Maybe you can wrap the three-pound slab of meat between your ears you call a sensory processing unit around this notion.

And I don't know if you're racist, you probably aren't. I do know that old pig Barbara Bush is. And I do know you made some very offensive remarks about black Katrina refugees who weren't swift enough for your liking to get out of the way of a vicious hurricane. About how they weren't sharp or determined enough to get on a school bus and get the fuck out of there. I remember reading them and so do a lot of other people.

5. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Beat..the numbers say otherwise..3,000 americans on one day alone, 200 plus marines in Lebanon, 24 Isralies today,,on and on it goes..if you are equating that to a few cock bags who bomb clinics, then I guess you're the one that is right...

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

LJR,

Hondo is the prototypical smug, know-nothing North American who, when faced by foreign cultures, lashes out because  they  threaten his suburban way of life.

If he's not a racist, he's bordering on it.

7. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

We should let our guard down --remember no one is out to hurt us...It's a vast right wing conspiricy

8. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

[​IMG]

A tower filled with "know-nothing North Americans"

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm equating the mindset of both groups.

10. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

[​IMG]

11. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

i am far from a muslim-hating person, and i hope that what i post does not get warped by those who may actually hate them.

but....markvid, your 99.9999whatever per cent figure is way off. the fact is that what has happened to that religion and many of the people who are born into poverty in the middle east is a freaking disgrace. from the moment they are born, they are taught that jews and westerners are evil, satannish figures who are to be hated and destroyed. have any of you ever read a (translated) newspaper from many of these countries? if they were printed in north america, the publishers would be charged with hate crimes.

are you guys familiar with wahhabism? thats the sect that many of the 9/11 hijackers came from. its teachings are horrible. sadly, many people in iran, iraq, saudi arabia, afghanistan, etc. are subjected to this brainwashing to cover for the fact that one per cent of the people in their countries have 99 per cent of the wealth.

jr, markvid, even fenian: you may not like it, but the unfortunate truth is that many muslims are not as enlightened toward you as you are to them. theyve been prevented from it since birth.

12. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

JR, Beat
    Honestly. would you be comfortable with say, your wife living in a Muslim country for a two year sabatical..just curious

Draft saved Draft deleted