1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 3am and Hillary is Desperate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Ben is absolutely spot on here. If the Obama people don't have a similar game plan, they should, and I'm damn sure they do. But because its HRC who, with her husband, taught every tough politician back to Elbridge Gerry everything they know, well, the rules are once again different. And zeke, your assertions-without-proof -- your only source on the Kenyan-garb story and HRC is stil Matt Drudge -- really do tend toward the fringe of the Arkansas Project.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're correct. But they still don't know what they're talking about. The kid's pajama top also has the letters "Goo" on them. I suspect the actual phrase on the boy's shoulder is "Good Night."

3. She's completely nucking futs, too.
    Google her around.
    A law professor?
    Wow.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Have you simply defended the Clintons so long it has become reflexive?

I'm not talking about the photo, and if I was, it would be a discussion about campaign tactics, not accusing the President of murder.

There is a difference. And reasonable, thinking people can -- and do, in large numbers -- believe that Hillary Clinton's campaign has gone completely out of bounds several times during the course of this campaign. You can dismiss the times where they were caught red-handed with "politics ain't beanbag" and every thing else with "you don't have enough proof." That's absolutely what her paid flaks do.

But insulting the intellectual honesty of those who aren't willing to contort themselves into fits to give both Clintons the benefit of every doubt doesn't change the facts and it doesn't change the perceptions.

5. No, but of what doubt have you given them the benefit? The answer you're looking for is none. Yes, I have been around and I have seen tactics that are out of bounds, and none of these are. Now, if you want to argue that caucuses are a fertile system for hardball politics, I'll agree with you. That's why I hate them, but to start puling about the way the Clintons organize for them is really reaching.
    Caught red-handed at what? Campaigning toughly? So what? It really ain't beanbag. Let me play the game for a minute, though. If I were running a campaign for "change," and I wanted to paint my primary rival as a Washington insider and a purveyor of the "old politics," I might get my consultants and supporters to leak stories about her passing around photos to Drudge, and lawsuits she "might" file, or "might consider" filing, or things she's "talking about doing," which would always be sourced to "Democratic strategists" or "Democratic politicians," so my involvement would be carefull laundered. If it worked, I'd be acclaimed a genius, and rightfully so.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When involves the Clintons you can always bet that there will be something that just does not seem quite right. They and their team has raised manipulation to an art form.

7. And there we have the essence of the bullshit.
    The Clintons invented/perfected the dark arts of politics.
    Terry Dolan, Lee Atwater, David Bossie, Ken (Solicitor General) Olson, The Arkansas Project, Karl Rove, all pikers compared to the mighty Clinton machine!
    Sorry, Boom. There are several people here older than 12.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The clinton machine stands up very well when compared to the gold standard - Rat fucking.

9. And the Clinton equivalent to what the Nixon people did, including break-ins planned and executed in the AG's office and covered up in the Oval, would be?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I also found it a little odd that Obama says HE'S the one you want answering the 3 a.m. crisis call -- and then backs it up by saying he opposed the war in Iraq. I understand he's trying to say he shows good judgment, but doesn't that also seem to say he's a bit of a wuss and won't fight if it's necessary?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Iraq wasn't necessary.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

A wuss hardly stands by his convictions and won't swoon over popular opinion and then later claim to have been against it even thought you voted for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted