1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 3am and Hillary is Desperate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

On one hand, Obama acolytes say "Hillary has run a horrible campaign!!! She deserves to lose!!!" Then they say, "Obama's experience deflecting Hillary's attacks will bode well for him this fall!!!!'

Her whole campaign has been clumsy, almost a joke for weeks now. Obama should expect something tougher from the GOP machine this year.

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

How many times has Hillary's phone rang at 3 a.m. and Bill not been there?

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

- I can't believe that she thinks she's the one people want answering that call - if she ever comes back & wins, McCain should make this his #1 commercial.

- The Obama one is somewhat misleading it goes directly from - who had the judgement to oppose the war from the beginning - to - and knew that it distracting us from Afghanistan - using what looked like a quote from '07.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, I'm reasonably sure that having been caught explicitly telling their temp chairs and precinct captains to break the law in Nevada, they've left that part out this time.

I'm still pretty confident that they're TELLING their people to cheat, though.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This ain't beanbag.

Of course, airily telling your people to "do this" from on high, is one thing. Having them get it done is quite another -- especially when they're outnumbered.

Too little, too late.

7. Of course, because Vince Foster is still dead.
    Ben's exactly right.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Look, there are only so many times I'm going to accept the beanbag line as justification for complete bullshit.

There was a concerted effort in Nevada to close the doors early in places where HRC supporters were the temp chairs.

When I hear that she's pushing hard to get her people in charge of the Texas caucuses, yeah, my ears perk up.

Comparing me to the folks who think Hillary murdered Vince Foster really doesn't help your argument.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm with Zeke. I think you have gone to the well with that one enough.

I think everybody here, even Boom, is happy to stipulate that she didn't kill Vince Foster.

Not only do I reject that sugestion, I repudiate it as well.

Can you do the same?

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Someone forwarded me this link ...

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2008/03/why-are-letters-nig-on-childs-pajamas.html

... about subliminal messages in Clinton's 3 a.m. commercial. It's out there, but I found it funny.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Justification", in the broadly-understood sense of the word? No.

An attempted transmission of the feeling that "you'd damn well better do everything you
    can do, out there"? Yes.

Won't work, for 'em. Obama's people are so far ahead of HRC's regarding the way to play the caucus game, it's not funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted