1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 3am and Hillary is Desperate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Check out this new Clinton ad. Premise is that it is 3 am and world crisis pops up- who do you want answering the phone.

The shows how desperate the Clintons are.

Be sure to notice the phone - it looks like its out of the 70's. I have to think the White House has more advanced system at this point. Also think that if their were real crisis they would just come upstairs and wake her up -- not call her on phone.

://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/29/clintons-national-security-ad/

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's 3 a.m. and the Obama camp has already responded.

Brilliant work and very quick on their feet.

3. Boom_70

If this faiils Hillary will be bringing out the mushroom cloud and little girl picking daisys

4. 2muchcoffeeman

(Psst ... Hey, Boom ... Ever feel like you're sitting on stage with everybody else just watching?)

Here's what impressed me: the quick reaction time by the Obama staff. The Clinton commercial dropped Thursday and the Obama staff came back with this "response ad" today, if I'm reading the blogs right.

Very quick on their feet, which bodes well for the Obama effort this fall (assuming he is the eventual nominee). HRC's people say they want to "raise the bar" for Obama, but it looks like they didn't set it high enough.

5. Boom_70

It took Hillary 6 rings before she got her fat ass out of bed to answer the phone.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This ad was previously used by ... who?

I know I remember it from several presidential cycles ago.

It's effective, in its way. Which is probably why somebody thought of it ... 30 years ago?

7. 2muchcoffeeman

And that's another interesting point. The Obama campaign is making a very subtle statement here: "Our man will answer that critical phone call faster than Hillary Clinton will." Admittedly, it's only two fewer rings but the subtext is there.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Mondale, against Gary Hart in 1984.

9. Boom_70

It was Donna Rice calling

10. Q: What did Gary Hart say to Donna Rice?

A: I said lick my erection - not wreck my election!

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

12. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Am I the only one who can't ever remember seeing Hillary in glasses before?
    And, if she's wearing glasses because she got up to answer the call in the middle of the night, are we to think she wears pearls and a pantsuit to bed?

Draft saved Draft deleted