1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 3:25 a.m. and . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Feb 6, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

That made me laugh. It is indeed like rooting for Sauron. Fanboy/fangirl issues between romantic partners can be funny. I've never dated anyone who was a big fan of a team that I absolutely loathed. Most of my gals have had a tolerant but fairly dispassionate attitude about sports.

My current sweetie is a die-hard Kansas State fangirl. I don't really like college sports, so I have to be careful not to get too vigorous with my college sports disdain. Not a problem. It's kind of cute when she gets all fired up for the Wildcats. But, as I've mentioned in previous threads, the K-State inferiority complex is a little scary because it makes the KSU faithful absolutely seethe with vitriol against KU. She would never have dated me if I were a Jayhawk.

I noticed on another thread how Tom Petty called the KU Jayhawk gay. It's true. It is the gayest mascot in D-1 sports. I know that it's kind of puerile as well as homophobic to call something like a mascot "gay," but look:

[​IMG]

Sorry, but that bird totally looks like he takes it up the ass. In fact, he kind of looks like he's soliciting for some action...like he just saw some big stud and is thinking, "I could tear off a piece of that."

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

... I was in bed!

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I've dated two Yankee fans. Interesting experiences.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hopefully it was before 2004.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

One before, one after.

Tonight sucked. Unplowed roads meant that I could not get my car up my street. I had to ditch it about 500 feet away and walk the rest of the way up. I hope it's not towed by the AM (something tells me that it may).

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It was 34 degrees and spitting snow when I was driving home and some idiot decided that warranted full freak out on the road in front of me and was driving 15 in a 35. Finally, after a tailgated him for 2 blocks, he turned left so I could continue to go the speed limit.
    God, it is weird living in a place that rarely sees snow after living in the Northwest where you are used to driving in it.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Growing up a Masshole, I'm used to driving in it.

It's just that they don't plow roads down here, near the Mason-Dixon.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The one time it snowed of any significance this winter - 4 inches - they didn't do anything to the roads, of course I don't think they have the equipment since it was the first time it had snowed of accumulation in 4 years, but still.
    It was an icy nightmare.
    Of course later we all went wheeling in it after deadline and then drank a lot and may or may not have wheeled some more.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

... and my cold is worse, and NyQuil ain't working, and I'm pissed, and the massive storm predicted to dump 2 feet of snow has begun, and Larry King's interview of Judge Judy is dumb.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

BTW, is this site slower than shit lately?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not for me, though others have been complaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted