1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 3:25 a.m. and . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The eye sees everything.
    Plus, it was a decidely pro-Yankees audience at my wedding so she would have been booed off the stage if she didn't comply.
    Plus, she became a Yankees fan because of Giambi and Soriano long before the wedding.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's important to try to date people who already root for the same teams, or who don't really care.

But I can understand how, when looking for an attractive, agreeable, woman to marry, those who were raised as Yankees fans are quickly eliminated.

;D

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I appreciate the humor, but that is where Yankees fans are OK.
    My wife grew up in Oregon - with no MLB teams to root/care about. So, I was good to go under the category of "who don't really care."

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Zing!!!!!!!

The boy isn't much of a sports fan . . . but at least he knows how to keep score in tennis.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

How hard is that really? I think anyone could pick that up in like 1.2 minutes.

6. sportschick

I had a guy agree to go to exhibition match with Pete Sampras and Robby Ginepri. He didn't know how to keep score and acted insulted when I tried to explain. That was the end of him.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I expect the real reason was that he wasn't that young, bearded or tattoed. ;)
    Seriously, though, I think tennis scoring is some of the easiest to explain in all of sports. Basketball's may be easier, but I am not sure.

8. sportschick

He was a pompus ass. That had a lot more to do with it.

I think basketball's easier, but then I played basketball as a kid. I've never played tennis (no courts withiin an hour of me as a child).

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Does anyone else google their name?
    I do out of curiosity and to see what small papers near me are reprinting my stories without permission.

10. sportschick

No. I'm scared I'll show up in some guy's blog.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One of my fifth-grade teachers e-mailed me a few weeks ago and said she's been reading me on the Internets. I googled her name and got exactly four hits.

SCOREBOARD!

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Well, Moddy only said that we couldn't start a new Random Thoughts thread til things settled down. Didn't say we couldn't convert a thread into Random Thoughts. (Damn, that dude must hate me.)

It is the easiest. No worries about fouls and whether the shot counts, no worries about a 2- or 3-point shot. It's clean and simple, thought the douche deuce thing might screw up some of the not-so-intelligent out there.

Are you *that* infamous?

Draft saved Draft deleted