1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 12:30 on a Friday night ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 16, 2008.

1. lono

lono Active Member

When all else fails ... beer.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just spent an hour in a car thanks to freezing fog. It is freezing rain here at the house. I got to the office and my car was covered in ice and I had some quality anti-lock brakes time. Plus, here in a little bit we are supposed to get thunder and lightning storms that produce freezing rain. That is fucked up.

Oh, and I am not only at home on a Friday night, but I just got into a cussing match with the ex-wife via email. Stupid bitch.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Nothing says "fuck you" more than three exclamation points, Angola.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'll remember that if she bothers to respond.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I once spent 45 minutes arguing with an ex online while waiting for the future ex to finish up at the newspaper office in college. Those were fun times.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Sounds like it. Thankfully, the present girlfriend is much cooler than the ex-wife and I don't have to worry about petty arguments about whether she will send me documents I need to do my taxes.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just tell her Uncle Sam doesn't like losers.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Or bitches?

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well, it's only (almost) 11:30 here. God willing I'll be home by 12:30 tonight. Most likely I'll still be at the office cussing at our new Stories-to-Web system.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That sucks. There is nothing worse than when the higherups add to your work by making you upload everything to the web.

11. amraeder

Yeah. The old system sucked (stories would get missed, sometimes the entire section), so I'm glad we have a new one. I'm just not glad I'm one of the guys stuck putting the stuff up there (to be fair, though, the copy editors have it worse than I do. So I can only bitch a little bit.)

12. amraeder

Just hit 12:30 and still at le office. Damnit!

Draft saved Draft deleted