1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 11:30 p.m., and it's 85 degrees outside

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This has almost turned into a surreal sport. I keep watching The Weather Channel just to see the triple digits on the local conditions crawl. I was pissed on Friday when it was stuck at 99 for almost an hour, then had to leave. No problems today. It was 100 by 1 p.m., 102 when we got back from errands around 4. Supposed to be between 100 and 105 until at least Thursday. At least the humidity has died down and the breeze kicked up. When it was 102, the heat index was actually 101.
    Makes me glad I cut grass Wednesday evening, when it was a frigid 94.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I mowed Friday night at 7:30. Heat index at the time was 105.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Average high temp for Tulsa during the just-concluded PGA Championship: 101 degrees.

Average heat index for the same: 107.75 (including 110 today)

Average reaction from this province: That's just wrong.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I can't claim 100+ temps like some of you guys. That must suck, but it is 83 here at 12:47 a.m. It is actually pretty nice.
    And to whoever the Texas person up above was, I agree the torrential rain was OK to a point because it kept the temps down. It wasn't nearly as hot in West Texas as it was last summer.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hate to bring y'all down, but it was a breezy 78 degrees when I left Newport Beach after dinner tonight. :D

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, well, um, at least the Braves lost.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you work at a cnhi paper?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Lord no. There was a power surge throughout downtown. Fucked up our whole network. Network came back in 30 seconds. Wire took an hour.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

doc - sarcasm carried over from another thread.

10. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Forecast: 102 today, 104 Tuesday, 106 on Wednesday, according to The Weather Channel.

Soccer practice at 5:30 p.m. today ... that should be fun.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

102 degrees as the projected high...third friggin' day in a row, and the humidity is so thick, I need a broom just to sweep the air out of my way as I walk.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Forecast temp in Dallas tonight is 89º at midnight according to TWC.

Draft saved Draft deleted