1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's 10 p.m. Do you know where Boots is?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Nov 16, 2006.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

RFrom CNN.com. Coincidence? I think not.

Trash collector guilty of murdering fashion writer

A former trash collector was convicted Thursday in the rape and murder of a fashion writer who was found lying in a pool of blood in her Cape Cod home with her 2-year-old daughter clinging to her body.

Christopher McCowen, 34, was found guilty of first-degree murder, rape and burglary in the January 2002 killing of Christa Worthington, 46.

The jury, which had been deadlocked after five days of deliberations, was forced to start deliberations anew on Tuesday after one member was replaced.

McCowen was garbage man in the small town Truro, where Worthington lived, and his route passed her house. He initially denied having any physical contact with her. But after police told him his DNA was found on her body, McCowen said they had consensual sex and he had beaten her, but he said his friend plunged the knife through her chest.

"We put the boots to her," McCowen said, according to police. The friend was never charged.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

THAT is what sticks out to you about this story? ???

Ok, it's the over-sensitive father in me. When I read the line about the 2-year-old clinging to the mother's lifeless body, the paranoid daddy in me couldn't help but picture my 3-year-old in such a nightmare. Kinda took the humor out of the whole Boots thing for me.

Please carry on.

3. KP

KP Active Member

With the juror getting tossed the other day you have to believe this was going to be appealed no matter what they came back with.

4. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Jesus.

How can anyone do that to someone with a kid?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If he was in your ass, you'd know where he is.

;)

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm with OOP on this one. Not really insensitive, and I appreciate 'mouth's attempt at Boots humor, but this attempt may have gotten lost in the other, more horrifying details.

Draft saved Draft deleted