1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Item of clothing you could not pull off

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, there are very few items I CAN pull off ...

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Anything with horizontal stripes.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Actually, you sound like the target demographic.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

An attorney friend told me that the best way for a man to get out of jury duty is to show up wearing a bow tie.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Tin foil hat has always been good to me.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Skinny jeans, or leggings as pants - looks that are just too tacky for words.

Ballet flats.

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. What do you wear outside doing anything active? Do you wear khakis to mow, work on your vehicle, rake leaves, any number of other things?

I'm sure I could pull of a scarf but the world will never know. The one thing I can't pull off is a V neck shirt because I have a long neck. I can wear a V neck sweater vest, but I always have something under it.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Turtlenecks.

I have a similar upper body to bumpy mcgee's avatar (the "I <3 To Fart" guy), except maybe thicker, and a turtleneck makes that look quite grotesque.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

How's that burka treatin' ya?

11. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

T-shirts. If it fits horizontally, it's too short vertically. If it fits vertically, it is a tent horizontally.

With pants, dress shirts, etc., you can get odd sizes if you are willing to search/pay for them. But the T-Shirt industry is strictly S, M, L, XL, XXL, and good luck finding that Utah Jazz Conference Championship T-Shirt in a tall size.

12. GermanKeyser

GermanKeyser Member

Leopard-skinned thong. No matter how many times I stand in front of the mirror telling myself it looks good, I know I'm just lying to myself. [/sarcasm]

Draft saved Draft deleted