1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It must be an election year because ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

It's not people that are threatened, it's the animals.

I think we all realize that advocating homosexuality openly leads to beastiality, and it's a slippery slope from man on man/woman on woman action to the family pets getting boned at will.

The conservatives are really just trying to protect our animal friends.

2. abelives

abelives Guest

Everyone who gets on here and rages about the GOP and W. discriminating is simply falling into the trap - Bush and his cronies want to make the Dems seem like limp-wristed flamers. That way, they can't project an image as the party of the burly working-class man, as Dem economic policies try to do.

Again, I say, the Democrats need to take control of their own image if they ever want to win another election. Quit letting Rove and Co. define your image with these wedge issues.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Completely agree, abe. It's almost like the Dems are the nerdy kid who gets beat up by the neighborhood bully every day on the way to and from school.

It's not like this is a clever, surprising strategy; it's just the GOP reaching into their tired bag of tricks. The Dems really ought to have a plan of attack on the shelf that they can pull out and execute.

4. abelives

abelives Guest

By the way, reporters covering politics should NOT be registered either way in this day and age. Hell, the Washington Post won't even let its writers vote.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Smallpotatoes, you and I and one or two others keep asking the same question with a deafening silence.

Where's Dyepack and Trounced (who said it was morally wrong but wouldn't or couldn't elaborate and insists he's not for an amendment) and Twoback and Lyman Bostock and all the other conservatives who so freely share their vitriol but no legitimate solutions, debate or logic?

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

what does the post do, put p.i.'s on reporters to track them to the voting booth? i call b.s. on this one. i can't imagine any u.s. employer forbidding an employee from voting.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The Post discourages it, but it can't prohibit it.

Len Downie has said he doesn't vote specifically because of his position.

8. Len Downie is also a fool.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

sounds like a self-important asshole.

10. trounced

trounced Active Member

What more do you need than I think gay relationships are immoral? What type of solution are you looking for? A gay-only colony on some island in the North Atlantic? I said I don't think there should be an amendment because I don't think marriage should be the government's business.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm asking you to elaborate on why you think it's immoral. There's lots of things we accept in society that are implicitly against biblical rules and it's the people who are going to pick and choose to serve their own morality that cause problems for others.

12. trounced

trounced Active Member

Just because society may accept things doesn't make them right. That's the problem. People have become willing to accept just about anything, regardless of what is right and wrong. I also don't understand why this has turned into such a fight for "gay rights." Go in your house, shut the damn door, and screw to your heart's content (of course with no purpose whatsover). Just keep your mouth shut about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted