1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It must be an election year because ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Rahm Emanuel?
    The DCCC fellow who decided that 600K was plenty to spend in a congressional race where the R's were spending $11 million.
    Yes, he's the man I want leading the party.
    Among the problems with the DLC are the fact that it does not recognize how the Republicans play politics, and that it believes that Clintonism is possible without Bill Clinton, which is demonstrably untrue. The other problem is that they're a bunch of salon-sniffing corporate whores from inside the Beltway, but that be a purely personal gripe.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

But their centrist views are much more appealing to the 80% or so of the country that isn't through and through liberal.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What happened to your Ilk?

4. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

That again stereotypes everyone who does not accept homosexuality as inciting violence against good people. There used to be a time when personal responsibility was just that. But then, the judiciary arm of this nation has been taking away personal responsibility for years and placing fault on groups, theories or corporate entities...the like. I reject that and I can do so without inciting violence. The old saying "If (so-and-so) sticks his head in the fire, would you?" still holds for me today.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

By "some color belt or other" karate expert who once did that brick-breaking stuff for an evangelistic group.

Flee, Fleance, flee!

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

In an effort to demonstrate that his head was not empty and that the proper description for him would be "blockhead" Bobblehead used his head to break those bricks.

The Evangelicals were impressed as each of the three blocks had been marked with the number 6 in an effort to show that the fuchsia belt wearing blockhead truly had it in him to defeat the evils of satan in this life and, if called upon to do so, the next one as well.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Bobblehead: Knocking down the bricks of liberal ignorance, one by one. The back of his woollen gi reads SportsJournalists.com

8. FH --
    Says who?
    They've got one big trophy, Clinton, who was sui generis as a politician. (Don't believe me? Watch his wife run the same way and crash and burn.) The rest of the time, they've advocated policies and politics that have led to one electoral catastrophe after another. The D's have internal problems -- exacerabated by the fact that the R's have them, too, but they don't get defined by them -- but Al From and the lads aren't the beginning of an answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted