1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It must be an election year because ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Vilsack's wife went to college with mine.
    Great story.
    I don't want Putin for a neighbor. SOB borrowed my copy of Das Kapital back in '93 and never returmed it.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Link?

3. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Would delusional be the right word to describe what you just said? Or, narrowly misled?

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fenian, I told my old man when I got home about it. He shook his head and said, "He's our governor? We elected this stiff and his wife is wearing the pants??"

As funny as that was, it was a precursor to the past two terms, embarassing and tragic. DHS has been under fire since he walked in for their high-profile mishandlings resulting in the deaths of three kids, the current CIETC scandal in which three top officials were pocketing grant money as extra salary, his refusal to turn over documents and email communication to the Register via the Iowa Open Records Law, prompting him to say that he didn't know how to use email (which made him the butt of jokes), and a few other things.

All in all, he is decent governor, but not a good judge of picking people to do their jobs without causing controversy every step of the way. It can be said that while he is a competent guy, he does a subpar job of nipping shit in the bud before it got worse.

FWIW, The Register released their Iowa Poll and he is currently fourth in the state Dems choice for '08, behind Edwards, Hillary, and Bayh.

It's interesting that Mrs. Fenian went to college with Mrs. Vilsack. Her dad was the mayor of Mt. Pleasant in SE Iowa and was a big Dem supporter who pushed for Vilsack to run for governor. He died before the election in '98. She, in an indirect way, has some pull with those who were align with her dad in the state party.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I can't break bricks, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Dammit, you may know Bobble on a personal level, and he may be a nice guy, but what he says on here, especially with regards to gays and liberals, is hate-filled, no matter how you look at it. And I choose to address him rather than ignore him because his kind of hate encourages laws against good people, violence against good people and disdain and discrimination against good people.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I find this all very amusing. The mere fact that Bobble has shifted his assault from myself to Zeke is humorous. Amazing.

Up next Bobble challenges Ray Lewis to a fight, over the internet, because Lewis called him a moron.

You always know the individual with no argument. They are the ones looking to throw down.

Bobblehead: Defending Jesus with his black belt of fury since 2006!

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You just can't trust KGB guys.

9. I was at my wife's college reunion back a ways and she introduced me to her friend, Christie, who said, "My husband's the next governor of Iowa." Oh, I replied, he's a Republican, then? No, she said, he's a Democrat. And, honest to go, I spit up my domestic ale.
    Met them both. Liked them both. Sorry to hear about TV's problems, and he lost me for '08 when he took the DLC presidency. Not good when the favorite son's running fourth at this point. Name recognition alone should have him ahead.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If anything I trust someone involved in the DLC more than I do those further left.

11. That makes one of you.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Read the article on Rahm Emanuel in this week's Time and you'll see I'm not alone. And that there's more people like me than like you.

Draft saved Draft deleted