1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It makes a fellow not proud to be a Pirate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by cyclingwriter, Mar 25, 2009.

1. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090324&content_id=4062294&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Basically, a Pirate's prospect 43-year-old wife is a baby napper. This is one way for the team to take the focus of its 16 years of losing.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A "20-year-old" prospect has a 43-year-old wife. How long before we find out he is either 28, or she is actually his mother and in the country illegally posing as his wife?

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I read about this earlier. I love how the Bucs' media relations rep wasn't aware of the missus' fifth ID.

Police said the 43-year-old Tabata Pereira also goes by the names Alalia Rivera, Amalia Segui and Almalia Maldonao. The Pirates media guide lists her first name as Mayita and media relations director Jim Trdinich said that was the information provided to the club by Jose Tabata.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You really think any of those guys was proud to be a Pirate before this came out?

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I saw this story this morning......it's, uh, kind of icky any way it shakes out, isn't it?

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Very, very, very weird.

What do you think the odds are on Tabata's birth certificate being legit? 1/1000?

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

One of the comments on our site last night from this story: "Wasn't the first time she robbed the cradle."

:D

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Knowing the Pirates' luck, it's only a matter of time.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This from the organization that signed two dudes from India.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Two dudes from India who hadn't actually played baseball. Don't forget that part.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Are they now outsourcing their games to New Delhi?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, but they're gonna try as hard as the other prospects.

Draft saved Draft deleted