1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is not going to end well for Johnny Manziel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Doesn't the AAF allocate players based on territorial ties based on their colleges? Or is everybody a free agent now?
    If the former, he'd have to go to San Antonio, right?

2. Old Crank

Old Crank Active Member

Well, that answers the question of whether or not he fell off the wagon.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

You guys realize you're all posting tweets from a fake account, right?

ESPN beat reporter Dick Tator? Really? Gonna see what national news anchor Heywood Jablome has to say about it next?

4. nickp

nickp Active Member

Johnny Manziel will be a starter in the XFL next year but will not play in the AAF

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, could be a reverse Ogie Oglethorpe thing?

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You're seriously posting tweets from Dick Tator as if that's a real thing?

Criminy has this place ever turned toward crap.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    BTExpress and HanSenSE like this.
  7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Yes, one poster getting duped by a fake Twitter account, which has never happened anywhere else on the Internet, is indicative of the direction of this entire site. Your clearly unbiased judgment seems absolutely sound.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Do you honestly believe that's the only "indicative" thing I was thinking of there?

There's some really smart people who still post here, a few of whom I've grown immensely fond of over the years. Which is why I can't quit this place. But anyone who's been here more than a couple years claiming this board is even near what it used to be is delusional or dishonest. The "direction" has been apparent for quite some time now.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Liut and Vombatus like this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I have no idea. You're probably still complaining that two of your boys got bounced for being absolute nutters. Weird how this place has survived without them. The board goes through phases. This version is fine. Not the best, not the worst. Still lots of good people, writing lots of smart and funny things. I like this one better than the one we had a year ago, say. You might miss some people. Not all of us do. I'm more likely to come here now than I was. I know I won't see the same two or three assholes every time I decide to sit at the bar. Your mileage may vary. It doesn't really matter. This board will outlive us all.

Slacker likes this.
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Drugs or gambling?

Does the CFL announce if guys get popped for drugs?

I’m sure if someone paid him $500 he would spill his guts. TMZ?

11. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I made a mistake.

[​IMG]

Why don't you just stay away from this place? It clearly upsets you coming here and all you do is bitch and moan when you do stop by.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Easiest "which whiny-ass poster wrote this?" ever.

typefitter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted