1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is not going to end well for Johnny Manziel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I never liked Manziel's schtick and didn't think he was going to do in the pros what he did at A&M. I did hope I was wrong and that he was going to grow up. It's really sad that he didn't prove his detractors wrong. The kid is about to be out of the league with no marketable skills and that is really sad.

2. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me if some, not all, of Manziel's behavior is attributed to him wanting to him getting out of Cleveland, this latest incident notwithstanding. I know that sounds dumb, but this guy justifies it because he does not live in reality and he's never had to. I think he is delusional enough to think Dallas will pick him up and that the Browns mismanaged him and the team is to blame for his lack of success. Not him of course. I'm not discounting his own stupidity. I think he has serious issues AND he was doing dumb things (going to Austin after telling coaches he would keep a low profile, going to Austin on bye week and lying about it, blonde wig in Vegas) purposefully because he figures 'well, I'm gonna be outta here in a month anyway.' The fact that he considers his behavior an exit strategy shows he has no grasp of reality.

If he stayed out of trouble, he could at least be on someone's roster for a while. But I think he would rather be out of the NFL then do that. It's all or nothing.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's not good enough to be worth the headache. Best advice for him is to brush up on his Canadian.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ... You don't seem to know Texas very well.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh, what horseshit. The guy was already known as a reckless, impulsive, misbehavin, hard-partying spoiled rich kid before he ever showed up in Cleveland. Cleveland's got nothing to do with this. The only thing new that Cleveland revealed is that he doesn't have NFL skills in addition to the other pre-existing question marks.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    JC likes this.
  6. doctorquant

You know, I would say he's got some self-destructive pathologies working there. He can't bear the thought of failing on the merits, so he sabotages himself such that he never gets actually judged on the merits.

Then I remember that he was also doing the sabotaging back when he was succeeding -- wildly -- in college. So there went that theory ...

Stoney likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The girl didn't press charges. Besides, Rick Perry isn't the governor anymore.

8. doctorquant

I distinctly remember Perry getting indicted by some DA from somewhere. Guess they must have flown one in from NoCal.

old_tony and YankeeFan like this.
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

#deviltakes

YankeeFan and LongTimeListener like this.
  10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Troll

YankeeFan and JC like this.
  11. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The investigation was probably torpedoed before the DA knew about it. The Fort Worth police report practically has the 'rolls eyes' emoji whenever writing up the girlfriend's statements. The reports keeps stating that she was vague when describing events. She came across as either uncooperative or a bad witness.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You underestimate Jerry Jones.

Draft saved Draft deleted