1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is not going to end well for Johnny Manziel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

He made $4.3 million a few years ago, so it's possible he hasn't blown through it yet. Plus whatever he's made selling autographs and memorabilia. He could be comfortable if he hasn't snorted it all.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Wasn’t he supposedly attempting a comeback? Wait, what year is this? When did he win the Heisman? As always, the answer to all questions related to Manziel is, “What difference does it make?”

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I hope the guy has the money he needs, isn't pissing it all away, never plays another minute of football and has a happy life with that young lady.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That he stayed out of the news for eight months (with his engagement the only exception) is a good sign. Plus it’s hard to build a dad bod when you’re coked up constantly.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

there are rumours he will join the cfl next season

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm working 45-50 hours a week on a low salary in a dying industry. We've had a near-constant mix of rain/snow here for two weeks. And Mrs. Coco and I are not exactly swimsuit model material.

And you say it's not going to end well for Johnny Manziel????

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Good point. But you probably can keep up that lifestyle longer than Johnny can maintain his.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. CD Boogie

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

11. CD Boogie

Double Down, Vombatus and Slacker like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That was my thought the first time I heard that, and June Jones of all people should know better.

I guess that Manziel is going to try to put in a year or two of functional football and try to get back to the NFL if he can. I haven't seen him turning up on TMZ lately. Maybe he has grown up a little and is going to try to salvage a bit of his career.

Draft saved Draft deleted