1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is good to know there are good, honest people in this world

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Sep 25, 2006.

1. carrie

carrie Active Member

Creole - I'm glad everything worked out for the best with your pooch. It's nice to be reassured that there are good and decent people in this world who aren't afraid to grab a loose dog off the streets and watch out for it's well-being.

We have a bunch of strays in our neighborhood and on the occasion one stops in our yard, we've tried to look out for it's best interest too - namely making sure it gets food and water and giving it a ride to our favorite no-kill shelter to eventually find a good home.

That said, I totally see fever_dog's point. While I believe your intentions were in the right place, you gotta watch out for this kind of stuff. A "bored" dog is always going to look for some way to entertain itself and in this case, it found a way to get out and go exploring. If you can't be around, it's best to leave it in the hands (and watchful eye) of someone who can look out for it.

But I'm sure you know that now. :)

2. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

how much compassion was involved in dumping the dog off in an unattended home without even alerting the folks who live there?

it's not mail. it's a freaking life.

3. Sly

Sly Active Member

Whoa whoa whoa.. The part of the story I don't like is that King Creole would have given up looking for his dog after an hour. He wouldn't have put posters up or anything, he would have just sat on the porch like a goon and waited.

King Creole has gotta think 'You got a pet. You got a responsibility.' If your dog is lost you don't look for an hour then call it quits. You get your ass out there and you find that fucking dog!

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

All I know is that I have exactly zero friends who can just walk on to my property and lock up a dog or a cat or a parakeet without calling me. I'm going to presume Creole called his buddy and asked him to watch the dog...and that wifey wasn't told the dog was there. Hell, I'd probably forget to tell my wife we were cat- or dog-sitting.

5. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

One of the best feelings I ever had came from helping out with a stray dog in college. I'd just come out of Semi-Major-U's football stadium to go deliver things to the athletic office and noticed a retriever with a collar wandering around with no one to attended to it

I found the number on the collar and called the house to find a nanny that didn't speak a lot of English but could figure out that I had found her dog. I waited about 20 minutes with that dog determined to get away (strong little sucker) until she pulled up with two kids in tow. The kids were thrilled to have their dog back, and she couldn't have been more grateful.

I got an earful from my boss for taking too long with the delivery, but it didn't matter.

6. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

preach it, billy

7. carrie

carrie Active Member

Sly - you fucking rule.

8. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

well, the original
    if that's the case, cool. misunderstanding. but i read it a completely different way, obviously.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

Hey Carrie, wanna go feed that donkey some beer? Get it all messed up?

10. carrie

carrie Active Member

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

12. carrie

carrie Active Member

Hoops, no milk will ever be our milk.

Draft saved Draft deleted